Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn (merged)
error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn (merged) [message #137832] Sat, 17 September 2005 05:52 Go to next message
suchita24
hi
actually i'm having problem in running executable (.fmx) file
when i run that file i got error msg frm 40010 : cannot read from location d:\brn
actually i'd copied my proj. from c drive to d
and c contains oracle6i version
& d ->oracle 8i
forms r 6.0
its working properly on c but on d it is having this problem
can anybody plz help me
also can anybody tell me how to make setup file of my project to intall at client side
i'm having oracle 8i as backend & forms 6.0
error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn [message #137834 is a reply to message #137832] Sat, 17 September 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suchita24
hi
actually i'm having problem in running executable (.fmx) file
when i run that file i got error msg frm 40010 : cannot read from location d:\brn
actually i'd copied my proj. from c drive to d
and c contains oracle6i version
& d ->oracle 8i
forms r 6.0
its working properly on c but on d it is having this problem
can anybody plz help me
also can anybody tell me how to make setup file of my project to intall at client side
i'm having oracle 8i as backend & forms 6.0
Re: error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn [message #137841 is a reply to message #137834] Sat, 17 September 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

hi,
change your forms60 path to this location.
Open your registry and include this entry in forms60_path, d:\brn.
For the setup file:
You can copy your .fmx files to this location on the client side. Alternatively, you can copy your .fmx file in the server and can access these file from your clients whih is the proper way in a client server environment because this way you have the code only on one location. It's better for maintenance reasons.

You cannot create an exe file for these .fmx file and run it on your lient side.
Hope that it's clear.

And the most important thing is that don't make duplicate posts. One is enough to have the attention of other peoples.

Regards.
Re: error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn [message #137943 is a reply to message #137841] Mon, 19 September 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suchita24
hi ahmed
thx for help
i'd done wht u told ie changing registry , but still it is not working
& also just by coping .fmx files at client side is just method for installing application.
there is no other method for making setup just like for other applications as vb.net or vb
Re: error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn [message #137947 is a reply to message #137943] Mon, 19 September 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Oracle, under Windows, is NOT designed to be copied from one place to another. I suggest that you uninstall whatever it was that you thought you copied from the C: drive to the D: drive, and then do the installation AGAIN so that it points to the D: drive. Then confirm that the database is running, and that the forms builder is running, and that the TEST program supplied by Oracle is working, and then tell us what is NOT working for you.

Oracle is a real-world, major application system comprising terabyte databases, hundred thousand user application servers, and thousand form application systems. VB is not.

No.

David
Re: error : frm 40010 : cannot read from d:\brn [message #137953 is a reply to message #137947] Mon, 19 September 2005 01:20 Go to previous message
Maaher
djmartin wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 07:52

Oracle is a real-world, major application system comprising terabyte databases, hundred thousand user application servers, and thousand form application systems. VB is not.

Apples and oranges IMO: back-end vs front-end.

MHE
Previous Topic: how to call outlook express from forms 6i
Next Topic: to calculate total hours
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:01:10 CDT 2024