Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Look and feel
Look and feel [message #136506] Thu, 08 September 2005 07:18 Go to next message
priyravi
Is there any way to change oracle forms look and feel [other than generic and oracle in config file]. Can I use PJC for setting background and button appearance. If so, can you pl help me with sample code

Regards
Priya
Re: Look and feel [message #136588 is a reply to message #136506] Thu, 08 September 2005 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can use visual attributes to change the font, size, colour, bevelling, etc. Then group them into property classes, put them into an object library, and base your items on the inheritable property group in the object library. Then by changing the characteristic in the object library and regenerating your application you get a new look and feel.

Changing iconic button characteristics is more problematic as they are based on the current Windows schema.

David
Re: Look and feel [message #136872 is a reply to message #136588] Mon, 12 September 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
priyravi
I need to know whether we can change the entire oracle forms in web look and feel like other UIs -- VB, java..etc.
I knew VAs but the total change of UI is possible? Can I use PJC for this?
Re: Look and feel [message #136878 is a reply to message #136872] Mon, 12 September 2005 01:35 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have no idea either what a PJC is or what you can do with it. I just write Oracle Forms and Oracle HTML_DB Applications. I create solutions that work efficiently and cleanly. If the user wants an extra 'special' presentation I quote an obscene amount of money to do it and then they stop asking.

What version of Forms are you running? Client-Server or 3-Tier?

David
Previous Topic: how to exec file from forms dev........
Next Topic: One problem regarding list item/combo box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:37:43 CDT 2024