Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » change the default status bar of oracle forms ? (merged threads)  () 1 Vote
change the default status bar of oracle forms ? (merged threads) [message #133407] Thu, 18 August 2005 23:25 Go to next message
Mohanraj@roadmapit.com

Dear,
Sir(s) & Madam(s)
Is it Possible to change the default status bar of oracle runtime forms.Can we create our own panels in it.

I have created a status bar on my own .But what is the best way to hide the default status bar.I want to display my own status bar with panels consisting of database value.
Pls guide me
change the default status bar of oracle forms ? [message #133408 is a reply to message #133407] Thu, 18 August 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohanraj@roadmapit.com

Dear,
Sir(s) & Madam(s)
Is it Possible to change the default status bar of oracle runtime forms.Can we create our own panels in it.

I have created a status bar on my own .But what is the best way to hide the default status bar.I want to display my own status bar with panels consisting of database value.
Pls guide me
Re: change Default Status bar ? [message #133411 is a reply to message #133407] Thu, 18 August 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you mean the toolbar that is typically at the top of the screen or the message bar at the bottom of the screen?

David
Re: change Default Status bar ? [message #133412 is a reply to message #133411] Thu, 18 August 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohanraj@roadmapit.com

dear martin,
i mean the message bar at the bottom of the form
Re: change Default Status bar ? [message #133415 is a reply to message #133412] Thu, 18 August 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can turn the 'Working...' message off with system.suppress_working command.
SYSTEM.SUPPRESS_WORKING examples
Assume that you want to have the form filled with data when the operator enters the form. The following
When-New-Form-Instance trigger will prevent the unwanted updates that would normally occur when
you fill the blocks with data.
:System.Suppress_Working := 'TRUE';
Go_Block ('DEPT');
Execute_Query;
Go_Block ('EMP');
Execute_Query;
Go_Block ('DEPT');
:System.Suppress_Working := 'FALSE';

You can also show your own message.
MESSAGE examples
/*
** Built-in: MESSAGE
** Example: Display several messages to the command line
** throughout the progress of a particular
** subprogram. By using the NO_ACKNOWLEDGE parameter,
** we can avoid the operator's having to
** acknowledge each message explicitly.
*/

PROCEDURE Do_Large_Series_Of_Updates IS
BEGIN
   Message ('Working... (0%)', NO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
/*
** Long-running update statement goes here
*/
   SYNCHRONIZE;
   Message ('Working... (30%)', NO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
/*
** Another long-running update statement goes here
*/
   Message ('Working... (80%)', NO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
/*
** Last long-running statement here
*/
   Message ('Done...', NO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
END;

David
Re: change Default Status bar ? [message #133418 is a reply to message #133415] Fri, 19 August 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohanraj@roadmapit.com

Dear martin ,
Im sorry Sir,
U have told me abt the message bar.But my query is
How to change the status bar that appears below that message bar that u mentioned.

The status bar im telling look like
Record 1/? <OSC> <DBG>

These are the 3 panels (default) that appear
But can i place my own panels there ?
Re: change Default Status bar ? [message #133421 is a reply to message #133418] Fri, 19 August 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I haven't thought about changing that bar in ten years. I don't think it is possible to change but I am interested to get other people's input on your question.

David
Re: change the default status bar of oracle forms ? (merged threads) [message #315669 is a reply to message #133407] Tue, 22 April 2008 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welman
It took me a while to find a form that was shown without the status/message bar.
The key is in the form property "CONSOLE WINDOW". Select <null>. Maybe you&acute;ll have to play a litlle with the window properties, but here are mine:
Window style: Document
Modal: Yes
The window is opened with the built-in:
call_form( 'your_form', NO_HIDE, NO_REPLACE, NO_QUERY_ONLY, lp_id );

Have fun, although after two years you&acute;ll probably found another solution. Nevertheless, any guests reading this thread will be gratefull (I hope) since its the first page in google looking for <<hide status bar oracle forms>>

Salu2,
Martin
Re: change the default status bar of oracle forms ? (merged threads) [message #334490 is a reply to message #315669] Wed, 16 July 2008 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tzesto
Laughing i am gratefull for your post. It really helped me with the layout of my application. GOD BLESS YOU
icon7.gif  Re: change the default status bar of oracle forms ? (merged threads) [message #334569 is a reply to message #334490] Thu, 17 July 2008 02:55 Go to previous message
welman
your wellcome
Previous Topic: pass a built-in function in a variable
Next Topic: Problem with insertion of a new record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:20:33 CDT 2024