Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » export table data to a text file by clicking a button in developer6i
export table data to a text file by clicking a button in developer6i [message #131413] Fri, 05 August 2005 16:21 Go to next message
safwanmehmood
hi
i want to export/import table data to/from a text file by clicking a export/import button in developer 6i.

suppose my table name is 'dept' and fields r

deptno number
dname varchar2
location varchar2
Mobile varchar2

please help me, i want to extract table data.....what would be the script under the button ...extract file to a specific folder
and import from a specific folder .......
Re: export table data to a text file by clicking a button in developer6i [message #131497 is a reply to message #131413] Sun, 07 August 2005 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'utl_file' and 'text_io'. I think there's something in the FAQs as well.

David
Urgent Help [message #131779 is a reply to message #131413] Tue, 09 August 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
safwanmehmood
thanks David

on ur reply i searched in the forum but i am unable to get a sequence of statements for exporting a table data in a text file.

i want that ...

FOR EXPORT
------------
user click on button "Export Table Data" on form6i
a directory should be created,if not already exist,in Drive D name "Data"
a text file is created named "Data.txt" if already exist it sholud be replaced and all the data of emp table should be stored in "Data.txt" and file is closed.

For IMPORT
-------------
suppose all the data in emp table has been deleted
user click on BUtton "IMPORT" in form
user browse a file where it is located and after selection of file all data should be imported in table emp

Note: Oracle8i , Developer6i , not a network envirnoment

plz help me as soon as possible i ve to submit small project ....
Re: Urgent Help [message #131959 is a reply to message #131779] Wed, 10 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search again, there are threads on exactly this topic ... unfortunately I have to leave in 3 minutes. I will follow up tomorrow.

David
Previous Topic: Connection Between Oracle 8.1.6 & D2k 6i
Next Topic: multiple records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:24:57 CDT 2024