Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » WebUtil error: WUC-015
WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131692] Tue, 09 August 2005 00:58 Go to next message
kate99
I saw a few previous messages related to this topic, but I still didn't get the solution.

I installed WebUtil and followed the instructions in the user's guide: created a schema and a public synonoym of webutil_db, defined the virtual directory, configured formsweb.cfg, and added entries to default.env. Then I attached webutil.pll and subclass webutil object group to the form. The compilation was successful; but when I ran the form, I got this:

WUC-015: your form must contain the following Bean for this function to be available: oracle.forms.webutil.host.Host.

I tried to use CLIENT_HOST command.

Does anyone know what causes the error and the solution? Thanks!
Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131693 is a reply to message #131692] Tue, 09 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is your code in the pre-form trigger? If so, move it to the When-New-Form-Instance trigger. The threads on WUC-015 indicate that the bean has not been initialised when the pre-form trigger is fired, because it is 'pre' (before) the form. Smile

Feedback please.

David

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 01:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131696 is a reply to message #131693] Tue, 09 August 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kate99
Hi David,
No, the code is in a trigger(when-button-pressed) under a data block.
Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131697 is a reply to message #131696] Tue, 09 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Were you able to 'sign' the package successfully?

David
Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131699 is a reply to message #131696] Tue, 09 August 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Kate,

Have a look at this thread http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=676797&#676797.

David
Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131701 is a reply to message #131697] Tue, 09 August 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kate99
Yes, signed both webutil.jar and jacob.jar
Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131707 is a reply to message #131701] Tue, 09 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kate99
Problem solved!
Sorry, I made a mistake.
In webUtilArchive=/forms90/webutil/webutil.jar,.....
I thought I should define the path where webutil.jar and jacob.jar located. But it's actually always '/forms90/webutil/webutil.jar'
icon9.gif  Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131717 is a reply to message #131707] Tue, 09 August 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kate99
The form worked perfectly well.
Then, I made a little editing on a canvas (removed the test button) and recompiled it. I also restarted the computer for some reasons. I ran the form again, and I got the same error!!! why?
Re: WebUtil error: WUC-015 [message #131890 is a reply to message #131717] Tue, 09 August 2005 23:58 Go to previous message
m_ashtiani
Hi,
i can tell you from my experience that the problem is in your setup.
when you setup parametrs note that sometimes you enter the absoloute windows like path "\" and sometimes path relative to forms 90 (internet like path "/".
although you you define "forms90/webutil" as archive path, rtemember you have mapped "/webutil" to physical location of the directory.
so you must have installed java 1.4, then jacob beans and then webutil.

my webutil is in d:\webutil and developer in d:\Devel..

orion-web.xml:
<virtual-directory virtual-path="/webutil" real-path="d:/webutil/lib" />

formsweb.cfg:
webUtilArchive=/forms90/webutil/webutil.jar,/forms90/webutil/jacob.jar
imageBase=codeBase
baseHTMLjinitiator=d:\webutil\server\webutiljini.htm
baseHTMLjinitiator=d:\webutil\server\webutiljini.htm
baseHTMLjpi=d:\webutil\server\webutiljpi.htm

forms90:
AliasMatch ^/forms90/webutil/(..*) "D:\webutil/bin/$1"

default.env: CLASSPATH=D:\DevSuiteHome\j2ee\OC4J_BI_Forms\applications\forms90app\forms90web\WEB-INF\lib\f90srv.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\repositor y.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\ldapjclnt9.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\debugger.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\ewt3.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\share. jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\utj90.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\zrclient.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\reports\jlib\rwrun.jar;d:\webutil\lib\webutil.ja r;d:\webutil\lib\jacob.jar
WEBUTIL_CONFIG=d:\webutil\server\webutil.cfg

Registery.dat:
default.icons.iconpath=
default.icons.iconextension=gif

WindowsRegistery:
FORMS90_PATH=d:\proj;d:\DevSuiteHome\cgenf61\admin;D:\DevSuiteHome\forms90
REPORTS_PATH=d:\proj;D:\DevSuiteHome\repadm61\srw;D:\DevSuiteHome\cgenr61\admin\crretc;D:\DevSuiteHome\cgenr61\admin;D:\DevSuiteHome\ reports\templates;D:\DevSuiteHome\reports\samples\demo;D:\DevSuiteHome\reports\integ;D:\DevSuiteHome\reports\printers;
FORMS90_BUILDER_CLASSPATH=d:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\importer.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\debugger.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\utj90.jar;D:\DevSu iteHome\jlib\dfc90.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\help4.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\oracle_ice.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\jewt4.jar;D:\DevSuiteH ome\jlib\ewt3.jar;D:\DevSuiteHome\jlib\share.jar;d:\webutil\lib\webutil.jar;d:\webutil\lib\jacob.jar
UI_ICON=d:\proj;D:\DevSuiteHome\reports\plugins\resource
UI_ICON_EXTENSION=gif

NEXT:
=====
\webutil\lib directory should have jacob.jar and jacob.dll as well as webutil stuff

NEXT:
=====
now you must register jar files. do so in \webutil\util according to instruction in webutil documents "\webutil\doc"

NEXT:
====
download webutil demo from oracle. you need to instanciate the webutil hidden window and objects and some other stuff from this demo for your new forms. you can run webutil demo as is.

p.s. you can not open hidden window and not get errors. also in your new form you must allow for beans to be initiated befor your calls to webutil functions.
hope it helps

Previous Topic: problem in connectin from forms executables
Next Topic: what is the procedure to make search button on the form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:29:25 CDT 2024