Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FETCHING ALL THE RECORDS IN DETAIL FORM
FETCHING ALL THE RECORDS IN DETAIL FORM [message #130065] Thu, 28 July 2005 00:56 Go to next message
samit_gandhi

I HAVE CREATED A MASTER DETAIL FORM. WHEN I AM FETCHING THE RECORD FOR VIEWING PURPOSE I AM ONLY GETTING THE FIRST RECORD AND OTHER RECORD I AM NOT GETTING IN THE FORM. I HAVE MADE THE LOV AND CALL IT ON THE PUSH BUTTON FOR VIEW THE RECORD.

I DONT KNOW WHY IT HAPPENED. PLS GUIDE ME.

SAMIT GANDHI
Re: FETCHING ALL THE RECORDS IN DETAIL FORM [message #130068 is a reply to message #130065] Thu, 28 July 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have a 'relations' on your master block which points to your detail block?

I don't understand the purpose of the LOV. Please explain.

David
Re: FETCHING ALL THE RECORDS IN DETAIL FORM [message #130072 is a reply to message #130068] Thu, 28 July 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samit_gandhi

DEAR MR. DAVID,

I HAVE THE RELATIONSHIP IN MASTER BLOCK.

LOV I HAVE PUT ONLY FOR GETTING THE SELECTED RECORD FROM THE DATABASE

FOR UR REFERENCE I AM ATTACHING THE FORM PLS HELP.
SAMIT GANDHI
Re: FETCHING ALL THE RECORDS IN DETAIL FORM [message #130075 is a reply to message #130072] Thu, 28 July 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, I am not permitted to download forms onto the PC at this installation, so I will have to ask a few more questions instead.

A basic master-detail form would have a nicely defined 'master' block, the populating of which you can test by pressing 'Execute_Query'. The 'relation' you have defined will then 'power' the 'detail' block to also do an 'Execute_Query'. I assume that this is not working.

Does your master block populate when you press execute_query? Do you get any Oracle error messages?

Verify that you do not have references to the 'master' block in the 'default where' property of your 'detail' block, they should only be defined in the 'relation'. Verify that 'relation' does not use a 'database alias'.

To get the form to populate on start-up just put an 'Execute_Query' command in the 'When-New-Form-Instance' trigger.

If all else fails create a new test module. Use the wizards to define the 'master' and 'detail' block and then the 'relation. Use my suggested 'minimal' WNFI trigger and see what happens. Compile, generate and see what happens.

If you are using Forms 6 or 9 then make sure that you do a Ctrl-Shft-K, not just a Ctrl-K, before doing your Ctrl-T.

David

PS. Please stop writing IN CAPS it is annoying.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 01:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FETCHING ALL THE RECORDS IN DETAIL FORM [message #130090 is a reply to message #130075] Thu, 28 July 2005 02:45 Go to previous message
samit_gandhi

Dear David,

Thanks for the same. Now my form is working correctly.

Samit Gandhi
Previous Topic: New Features Of ORACLE 8i and 9i
Next Topic: SMTP!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:55:40 CDT 2024