Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » migration of forms to a .NET application
migration of forms to a .NET application [message #128083] Thu, 14 July 2005 22:33 Go to next message
donanderson
Hi

i'm in a project where it is required to migrate an old forms 6i application to .NET, C# or VB. No migration of db is required, in this case, just the application.
Does anyone have experience on such a migration, or some tools that can help us?
We did not decide yet if we'll have a web application or the new smart client stuff from Microsoft... any suggestion on that?

thankx
don
Re: migration of forms to a .NET application [message #128198 is a reply to message #128083] Fri, 15 July 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pwoods
Hi, Don

We are having the same problem as you... I just came across a new tool that claims that converts oracle forms 6 applications to .NET!

Its called Forms2Net, you can find some info at http://forms2net.atxsoftware.com.

We are doing an evaluation with some of our forms and it looks really powerfull, at least for what we want...
just take a look.

regards
Peter Woods :-:-:
Re: migration of forms to a .NET application [message #182526 is a reply to message #128198] Sun, 16 July 2006 04:56 Go to previous message
Bomraj
Hi,
Have you converted the Oracle forms into .Net forms using the Forms2Net tool?

Can you people provide an idea how the conversion really worked out?

I got an assignment with the same requirement..

Thank you,

Regards
Thangaraj,A
Previous Topic: Combo Box Problem
Next Topic: Oracle Forms in Bengali
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:40:00 CDT 2024