Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » answer please
answer please [message #126173] Fri, 01 July 2005 06:34 Go to next message
sumila
hi all,
I have attended the interview in D2K Forms and Reports.
can anyone pls answer to the following questions.
1.when we will use post query and difference between post query and pre query triggers.
2.what are transactional triggers?
3.Is it possible to write the query in the record group during run time if not pls explain about dynamic record group
please reply me as soon as possible b'coz I am about to attend another interview.
thank you.
Re: answer please [message #126274 is a reply to message #126173] Sat, 02 July 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Callan
What is your experience level with Forms?
icon14.gif  Re: answer please [message #126417 is a reply to message #126173] Mon, 04 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous message
misragopal

1.when we will use post query and difference between post query and pre query triggers.

We will use post query triggers when we would like to perform some task after quering records on form. This trigger will fire as nunber of records in queried block.
for ex. u want to populate no-database item with employee's department name, this transaction is performed once per record.
Pre-query trigger is fire before quering and post query trigger is after.
==============================================
2.what are transactional triggers?
Transaction triggers are those which are related with backend and front end tranctions. Basically there r 3 type of tranction insert, update, delete . Triggers related with this r callled Transaction triggers.
==============================================
3.Is it possible to write the query in the record group during run time if not pls explain about dynamic record group

Yes it is possible to create a record group base on runtime query.
There are three types of record groups:
1.query record groups 2.static record groups 3.non-query record groups.
Query Record Group
----------------------------
A query record group is a record group that has an associated SELECT statement. The columns in a query record group derive their default names, data types, and lengths from the database columns referenced in the SELECT statement. The records in a query record group are the rows retrieved by the query associated with that record group.
Non-query Record Group
------------------------------
A non-query record group is a group that does not have an associated query, but whose structure and values can be modified programmatically at runtime.
Static Record Group
--------------------------
A static record group is not associated with a query; rather, you define its structure and row values at design time, and they remain fixed at runtime.
At design time, you can create query record groups and static record groups. At runtime, you can programmatically create query record groups and non-query record groups. When you create a record group, you do not specify its type explicitly; rather, the type is implied by when you create the record group (at design time or programmatically at runtime) and by how you define the group.

Mail me if u need more information regarding this.
Your Friend,
Gopal Misra
misragopal@yahoo.com, misra_gopal@rediffmail.com
Previous Topic: Built-ins make me sick!
Next Topic: check boxes and multi record block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:06:48 CDT 2024