Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K  () 1 Vote
Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101699] Mon, 08 April 2002 00:14 Go to next message
Abhinav Gupta
hi there !!!
Lemme introduce myself to u first of all. Well I am Abhinav Gupta and have done MSc(Elect.) & MCA and presently working in a co. in Delhi on ERP project. More precisely, I am working on Oracle 8 & D2K 5. Well, I have got a problem which is how to make an exe of the D2k projects.

In other words, the problem is to make a setup.exe of the software which has been made for a company. By 'setup.exe', I mean that the GUI we usually get when we wanna install some Microsoft Product in which we just have to press OK button again & again.
As we have to keep one thing in our mind that the client is totally illiterate as far as the Computer knowledge is concerned.
The thing is that I want to distribute my project/application as a auto run cd, such that if anyone wants to install my sw, one just has to insert the CD in the CD rom drive and there is no need to make DNS and copying forms & reports manually.All these tasks must be automatic.

What my superiors want out of me that all the tools require to run the sw made by us got installed just by inserting an auto executable CD and by following the on screen instructions. They also want that the D2k runtime gets installed alongwith and the respective icons also get placed on desktop etc.
Kindly show me the way.......

The second thing is that I want to attach help files or help tags along with the fields of my forms made in D2.But, I do not know the solution exacltly.
kindly mail me asap and help me out if anyone knows the solution.
Hoping to get a positive response soon

Thanking you in anticipation.

Abhinav Gupta
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101709 is a reply to message #101699] Tue, 30 July 2002 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sri K
Hi Abhinav,

I am working at Hyderabad and seem to find myself with the same problem, that is, integrating the help files created in robohelp 2002 with d2k - would be a great favour if you could share any solutions to this problem.

Regards,
Sri
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101715 is a reply to message #101699] Mon, 26 August 2002 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moloy
Dear Abhinav
I also face the same problem.I need to install application along with D2k runtime together.
In case u got some solution please mail me.
Dear i really facing trouble.
Hoping for u'r reply.
Moloy
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101730 is a reply to message #101699] Thu, 26 December 2002 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjeev Chawla
Hi
For the Autorun feature to be used in the CD. U have to write a .INF file residing in the parent directory of the CD. This will be created in the Notepad with the following text.

[[Autorun]]
open=Appication.exe

This Application file contain both the instaled for Application and Forms Runtime.

If u have got another solution pls let me know this.

P'haps it will solve ur problem.

Sanjeev Chawla
Sanju_1980in@yahoo.com
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101737 is a reply to message #101699] Sat, 25 January 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prashant Mittal
Hi Abhinav,
Let me first introduce myself. Myself Prashant Mittal
and i am working as a software programmer in a company based in gujarat.
I am also facing the same problem of making a set up.
If u find out any solutin kindly update me on that.

Thanx
Prashant
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101740 is a reply to message #101699] Sat, 01 February 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saji Divan
My computer have virus, due to this I can't open my registery also autorun.exe
Please give me soulation. I am not able to open any file virus(love.scr)I recieve it just a screen saver.
But after running it I am really worry.
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101744 is a reply to message #101699] Wed, 28 May 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemant Matai
Please as soon as possible
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101748 is a reply to message #101699] Thu, 15 January 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashish Mistry
Will developer 2000 runtime be already installed on the machines where the application is to be installed ??
If not, then its tough , though it is possible
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101764 is a reply to message #101699] Wed, 23 June 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil vaish
i am presently developing project in Oracle 8i. Forms and reports are being developed in 6i. I have to instal my project directly from CD to the client PC. we are using application server 9i. i want that all the forms and reports alongwith procedures/packages must get installed through one button. User should install all the above with pressing one button like window software. Foer which my requirement is How to create an Executable file which can install all these in a proper directory. Please send the solutions at the earliest as presently we are doing it manually.
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made in D2K [message #101765 is a reply to message #101699] Fri, 02 July 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N.V.Joshi
Dear sirs
we are developing some software same way
I will send all details after discuss my programmer
N.V.Joshi
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made [message #101776 is a reply to message #101709] Tue, 09 November 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khurram
How i create an exe file in Oracle project i will complete, but exe file procedure is not found tell me.
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made [message #101778 is a reply to message #101776] Sun, 05 December 2004 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Md.Masud Chowdhury
How to create setup files with oracle forms & Developer
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made [message #101787 is a reply to message #101699] Sat, 05 February 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeep kr.
Please send me the details of creating setup in d2k
Re: Creating Set up.exe and attching help files & tag files with the forms made [message #300902 is a reply to message #101787] Mon, 18 February 2008 10:48 Go to previous message
sonrub_iqb

hi everyone,my self is mohammed i am working in yemen to devlop
project of sea port using oracle9i and form6i.to attach the help file in form u can use the "dde.app_begin" package
for example
--to Start MS Excel with spreadsheet emp.xls loaded

DECLARE
AppID PLS_INTEGER;
BEGIN
AppID := DDE.App_Begin('c:\excel\excel.exe emp.xls',
DDE.App_Mode_Minimized);
END;
hopefully it will help u
Previous Topic: Call Stored Procedure in forms
Next Topic: To perform check on text item
Goto Forum: