Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Navigation to all fields thru horizontal scrolbar
Navigation to all fields thru horizontal scrolbar [message #87059] Thu, 02 December 2004 21:06 Go to next message
M Kumar
Hi All,

I had created a form with layout style as Tabular.The Table associated with the Block is having 50 Field.

When executing,all the fields are not getting displayed or thru horizontal scrollbar all the fields are not getting displayed.But navigation thru Tab is working.

I like to have a horizontal scrollbar thru which all the fields can be accessed.

Is there any restriction on the size of Canvas or Window.

Pl. can anybody tell how the do the above i.e to navigate all fields of a record in tabular form using horizontal scrollbar.

Thanks
Kumar
Re: Navigation to all fields thru horizontal scrolbar [message #87066 is a reply to message #87059] Fri, 03 December 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ani
Hi,
Pls use stacked canvas.
Go to the object navigator, click on canvas, create new canvas and change the property to stacked canvas.
copy from existing canvas the fields to be displayed that s going beyond the screen.Pls do all this in object navigator. then u can go to canvas and run it. Also set horizontal scroll bar yes in the stacked canvas property.

All the best.
try it and let me know...

Ani
Re: Navigation to all fields thru horizontal scrolbar [message #87067 is a reply to message #87059] Fri, 03 December 2004 02:12 Go to previous message
Raga
It is not possible to keep a scroll bar for the entire size of the table in the canvas. Try with a Viewport option.

Create a Canvas and inside that place a Staked canvas (this will create another canvas - create the database block on that canvas). Map the canvas property of Viewport position, width and height accordingly. It will attach a scroll bar automatically.

Raga
Previous Topic: Not able to compile forms10g in oracle10g database
Next Topic: max of 2 text items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:21:05 CDT 2024