Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » dynamically adding a row item in a data block
dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #79463] Tue, 11 June 2002 21:33 Go to next message
mani
hai all,
i have one data block.in that i set number of records property as 10.
so only 10 rows of items will be there.

but i have one button.

when clicking that button it should create a row dynamically...i mean at runtime.......

so totally we will have 11 rows......when ever user clicks that button one row should be added with existing number of rows......theres no upper limit for number of rows.....

suppose if the user clicks this button 5 times ,then 5 new row of items should be added with existing number of rows...

Can you just help me how can i do this????

thanks in advance...
Mani
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #79466 is a reply to message #79463] Wed, 12 June 2002 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N
Hi,

Try:

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED
---------------------
begin
create_record;
next_record;
end;
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #79752 is a reply to message #79463] Mon, 08 July 2002 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nishant
"WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED
---------------------
begin
create_record;
next_record;
end;
"

This part generate the record not the row of controls.
Need to know how to add a row of controls in runtime?
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #309669 is a reply to message #79752] Fri, 28 March 2008 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mksenthil
hi nishant,

i need then information how to add row at run time.

thanks in advance
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #309671 is a reply to message #309669] Fri, 28 March 2008 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musman

i think rather then going for button.
if u make tabular form then its the same.
5 times you go down 5 new fields you get.
IS`nt it same???
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #309736 is a reply to message #309671] Fri, 28 March 2008 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solisdeveloper
Hi mani:

The "Number Of Records Displayed" property sets only the number of Rows that Forms will show on the screen, not the number of records that you can create, so I agree with musman, if you use a tabular data-block everytime you hit the Down-Key you will create a brand new record.

If what you want is to Add records at run-time then this is what you need.

Or...do you want to visually add a new row to the screen on run-time? do you want to increase the number of rows that Forms will show on the screen everytime the user clicks a button? What will happen if the user clicks 30 times that button and the number of lines is bigger than your canvas?
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #309804 is a reply to message #309736] Fri, 28 March 2008 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mksenthil
hi solisdeveloper,

no need to go our for 30 rows and so on thats not my question....

if i design the forms with 5 rows... so it will display 5 rows..

if i filled the data in only in one row others are empty...

so that i need have a button so that i can add new row depending up on the data available...dont think it will cross more then 7 records so no problem with canvas...

thanks
Re: dynamically adding a row item in a data block [message #312289 is a reply to message #309804] Tue, 08 April 2008 07:48 Go to previous message
gemini5
hi,
i also wanted a row to be added at runtime so that after the user has finished entering data in the fields provided he can add more text fields as per his needs.Wat i did is...i added a scroll bar to that data block.so during runtime.....just click on insert record and a text field gets added where user can enter the data required.try this..it worked for me
Previous Topic: Forms locking
Next Topic: Get_item_property LOV_NAME return FRM-40738 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:28:52 CDT 2024