Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Communicating with External Devices Like Weight Machine
Communicating with External Devices Like Weight Machine [message #77597] Tue, 16 October 2001 03:48 Go to next message
Sanjay
How Can I Communicate with External Devices Like Weight Machine or Modem? Collecting data directly from Weight Machine etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Communicating with External Devices Like Weight Machine [message #77720 is a reply to message #77597] Wed, 07 November 2001 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
If you are using windows2000/NT, I suggest the following: Find a program that can be installed as an NT service that will manage collection of real time devices and that lets you communicate with it via sockets. Then use the UTL_TCP plsql package to communicate with this program from your oracle database. I seem to recall that there is such a program but can't remember the name. Good luck in your search, Kevin M.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Communicating with External Devices Like Weight Machine [message #313466 is a reply to message #77597] Sat, 12 April 2008 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
hi sanjay

you can use mscomm in your form place ocx on your form in property click ole classs and select MSCOMMLib.MSComm.1

then go the program menu click import ole library

oh yah for trying this u must have to install vb control in your pc

thansk owais

Re: Communicating with External Devices Like Weight Machine [message #313656 is a reply to message #77597] Mon, 14 April 2008 01:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'serial'. Is your device is a 'serial' device then these threads may offer you some ideas in how to work with your device.

David

Upd: I can't believe that I got suckered into responding to an eight year old thread!

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2008 20:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how to call dll or pll files
Next Topic: clock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:17:27 CDT 2024