Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » books?
books? [message #538548] Fri, 06 January 2012 21:10 Go to next message
rocketboy2000
trying to get back into forms development maintaining a large older forms application.

anyways, considering getting this book:
ISBN: 9780139490330 "Developer/2000 Forms: The Practitioner's Guide"

if "the future of forms is... forms" then i'd say that given the lack of documentation that is still available on developing with the product then "the future of forms is... nowhere". Razz

is this the best i can do?

any information most appreciated...
Re: books? [message #538564 is a reply to message #538548] Sat, 07 January 2012 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Amazon says that there are quite a few books; moreover, its search engine suggests different keywords. I hope you'll manage to find something interesting.

/forum/fa/9702/0/

Anyway, which Forms version do you use? A book you mentioned covers rather old Forms version which is no longer supported, although many people still use it.
Re: books? [message #538623 is a reply to message #538564] Sat, 07 January 2012 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rocketboy2000
i appreciate the reply... yes, i'm working with forms version 10.1.2.0.2 at the moment.

don't seem to have any of the original object libraries or the standard ones from oracle. no idea where to get those either.

thanks in advance for any assistance!
Re: books? [message #538628 is a reply to message #538623] Sat, 07 January 2012 13:23 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server Documentation. Unfortunately, some links seem to be broken.

As of paper books, sorry - I don't know any so I should search (and that's something you can do as well). Hopefully, someone else will suggest what he/she owns or read and was satisfied with.

Perhaps just another tip: Forms has a very well written Online Help System. It is accessible from Forms Developer's Help menu. It is not really meant to be read as an ordinary book. If you know what to search for, you'll most probably find it (such as Forms built-ins and such). Also, Help is context-sensitive so - for example - when you open item's Property Palette window and don't understand what is a property supposed to do, simply press F1 and Help will open.

Finally, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here, we'll be glad to help (if we know the answer, that is).
Previous Topic: Need help with button pressed trigger
Next Topic: blink text in oracle forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 14 02:24:07 CDT 2024