Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms hangs with large text items (merged) (OAS 10.1.2.0.2)
Forms hangs with large text items (merged) [message #477800] Mon, 04 October 2010 09:45 Go to next message
kitry
Hello,

I'm facing a strange problem with one of my client.
Sometimes the application hangs when they are typing in text item defined with 2000 or 4000 char long.
The application needs to be close manually.
The first time we faced the problem, we tought it was due to database locks but the DBA confirmed that everything was OK.
The OAS admin also tried to log the application but nothing special. So we tried to run the application using JRE instead of JINITIATOR and the problem disappeared.
So, my question is, is there known bug about using large text item in Forms 10G? and especially with JInitiator?
I tried to find informations on metalink but found nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Forms hangs with large text items (merged) [message #477833 is a reply to message #477800] Mon, 04 October 2010 13:06 Go to previous message
joy_division
Here are some guesses.

You said it hangs "sometimes" with Jinitiator. Have you done enough testing so that you can claim it never hangs with JRE? It might just be a coincidence.

What browser and version are you using? Even though Jinitiator works with the latesrt browsers, Oracle is pushing JRE and Jinitiator is not really supported after certain version. you might want to look here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/as-certification-r2-101202-095871.html#CHDBFJFD

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2010 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: saving record
Next Topic: Problem in inserting values using preInsert trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:30:44 CDT 2024