Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » There is problem in login and logout, (Form 10g, windows XP)
There is problem in login and logout, [message #458962] Wed, 02 June 2010 13:42 Go to next message
soul_trapped
I have created logon page including items v_username, v_password and login button, i used trigger(when-button-press) on login button and used cursor to match the username and password. I have inserted user_name and password, it matched with database and take me to the main page.
Now i have created logout button on main page, Now i don't know what to used on this button to get me out of the main page to login page and clear the previous login and password.

please help me out

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: There is problem in login and logout, [message #459010 is a reply to message #458962] Thu, 03 June 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinida1984
Hi

You can use 'logout;' to log out from the main form. Exit_form will exit from the form

Sinida
Re: There is problem in login and logout, [message #459088 is a reply to message #459010] Thu, 03 June 2010 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soul_trapped
thanks for reply
i did it but when i get back to the login page, my username and passowrd still showing on the page, i used these built-in for logout and clear_form
for logout and clear_form
in the trigger when button pressed;
logout('form_name');
clear_form('form_name');

but after using clear form it must have to clear the user name and password from the items but these are still showing my user_name and password

KINDLY SHARE YOUR IDEA WHAT TO DO ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Re: There is problem in login and logout, [message #459147 is a reply to message #459088] Thu, 03 June 2010 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to put CLEAR_FORM into the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger of the "login" form?
Re: There is problem in login and logout, [message #459214 is a reply to message #459088] Fri, 04 June 2010 00:23 Go to previous message
sinida1984
Hello

I don't understand why you are using 'Formname' inside the built in.Can you please try just

clear_form(no_validate);
logout;

Exit_form; will exit from form

Sinida
Previous Topic: hot to pickup only sundays
Next Topic: initial value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:33:14 CDT 2024