Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Query records of detail block displayed in single row (Forms 6i)
Query records of detail block displayed in single row [message #458451] Sun, 30 May 2010 08:13 Go to next message
Akshita
Hi All,

I have a Master block and a Detail Block. They are related using two columns, Document_ID and Page_no. I want to display all the records in master table with corresponding detail records beside them in single line. i.e., as shown below:

MasterItem1 DetailItem1 DetailItem2 DetailItem3

I created the relation between them and executed query. When I execute query in the form, I can find that all the Master Items are displayed in vertical records, but i can only see one record of detail fields. They are displayed as shown below:

mitem1-value1 ditem1value1 ditem1value2 ditem1value3
mitem1-value2
mitem1-value3
mitem1-value4

When the navigate down in master items, then the corresponding detail values are being shown on the same first record.

Can anyone solve my problem?
Re: Query records of detail block displayed in single row [message #458462 is a reply to message #458451] Sun, 30 May 2010 11:19 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd try with a view; it looks like a standard pivoting problem (it is discussed almost on daily basis in the SQL & PL/SQL Forum so - do some search and take a look if you are unsure of how to do that). Then I'd base my data block on that view.
Previous Topic: key-delrec
Next Topic: Correct My Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:53:13 CDT 2024