Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CHECKBOX_CHECKED (Oracle Forms 6i and 10g )
CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #457963] Wed, 26 May 2010 10:09 Go to next message
YouthHelp

I am trying to understand CHECKBOX_CHECKED examples syntax to create this code.

Trigger explaination:
-- When check_box is selected WORK_PERFORMED text_item field will be locked and grayed out.
-- If WORK_PERFORMED text_item field is double clicked WORK_PERFORMED text_item field will be
-- ungrayed and the check_box will be unselected allowing data to be entered into the WORK_PERFORMED
-- text_item field. If the WORK_PERFORMED text_item field is tabbed through without data being
-- entered into the WORK_PERFORMED text_item field the check_box will remained checked locking
-- the WORK_PERFORMED text_item field until it is double clicked.
-- If data is in WORK_PERFORMED text_item field the check_box field in locked until the data is
-- deleted.
Re: CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #458004 is a reply to message #457963] Wed, 26 May 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm trying to understand what you are asking (no success so far).
Re: CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #458008 is a reply to message #458004] Wed, 26 May 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YouthHelp

Scenario:

1. Employer is asked a list of question pertaining to lay-offs.

2. If question is unknow a check box will be selected indicating this.

3. If the check box is selected the text field (empty area) that holds that data will be grayed out and deactivated.

4. If the the text box area is empty and is double clicked the check box is deactivated and the text box would be active allowing the user to input data.

5. If data is in the text box and the user trys to select the check box an error message is generated indicating information is available for that question not allowing the user to engage the check box.

6. Once the user double clicks the text area and remove the data the check box becomes available so that the user can select it.

I hope that this information is useful. Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #458016 is a reply to message #458008] Wed, 26 May 2010 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Ah, so you want to write a program that will do what you described?

If so, a lot of IFs will be needed. SET_ITEM_PROPERTY will disable (or enable) an item. Note that, once an item is disabled, it is not enough just to enable it, but set some other properties as well (such as INSERT_ALLOWED).

As you use Forms 6i, there are quite a few mouse-related triggers available.

I don't have Forms installation here so I can't check how the form you attached look like.
Re: CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #458024 is a reply to message #457963] Wed, 26 May 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YouthHelp

Here is the example of the screen.
Re: CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #458043 is a reply to message #458024] Thu, 27 May 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OK; I guess that what I said in my previous message is still valid.
Re: CHECKBOX_CHECKED [message #461685 is a reply to message #458043] Mon, 21 June 2010 01:00 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
have you got everything working okay now?

David
Previous Topic: Problem in displaying icons in web
Next Topic: Webutil File Transfer Directory Listing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:33:09 CDT 2024