Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Maximising Forms window (Oracle Forms designer 9i)
Maximising Forms window [message #447866] Thu, 18 March 2010 05:01 Go to next message
rosswelsh
Hi all,

I am using Oracle Forms 9i and when I run a form the window is quite small and not everything is dislpayed properly.

I have used a when_form_new_instance trigger: set_window_property('Window1',window_state, maximize);

This maximises the window fine but not the whole form i.e. everything including the surrounding Oracle menus. Is there a way to get this to fill the whole browser window?

I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Thanks very much for any advice.
Re: Maximising Forms window [message #447877 is a reply to message #447866] Thu, 18 March 2010 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kojot
Yes, it is. Edit your formsweb.cfg file. You can find it in \DevSuiteHome\forms\server. Find the #Forms applet parameter and change it to:
width=100%
height=100%

I hope it's gonna help you.

Regards,
Wojtek.
Re: Maximising Forms window [message #447887 is a reply to message #447866] Thu, 18 March 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rosswelsh
Thanks very much for your help.

Unfortunately that file is hidden on the server, and the window size is fixed and can't be changed apparently because it would have a knock on effect for everything and everybody else using Forms on the server. So it looks like im going to have to stick with a small window, which is annoying! Sad

Thanks again anyway!
Re: Maximising Forms window [message #447894 is a reply to message #447887] Thu, 18 March 2010 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If possible, use NCS (Named Configuration Section) - at the bottom of the formsweb.cfg file create your own configuration. For example:
# This part already exists in your FORMSWEB.CFG file:

# Forms applet parameter
lookAndFeel=Oracle
# Forms applet parameter
colorScheme=titanium

# Now your configuration section:
[my_section]
width=100%
height=100%
separateframe=true
colorscheme=blue
You'd then call the form using something like
http://localhost:8889/forms90/f90servlet?config=my_config
Re: Maximising Forms window [message #447895 is a reply to message #447866] Thu, 18 March 2010 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rosswelsh
Id have to speak to the administrators about it as I don't have access to the file, and I can't just ask them to change it, but its worth a shot.

Thanks!
Re: Maximising Forms window [message #447906 is a reply to message #447895] Thu, 18 March 2010 06:58 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
One strategy is to ask your DBA to grant you access to (at least) V$ views so that you could do some research, to create a directory for you, let you read/write on application server, put a little configuration section into the formsweb.cfg file and some other things you can think of.

DBA will probably want to shoot you, but then tell him/her that you'd be satisfied with a minor change of the formsweb.cfg . A little bit of diplomacy /forum/fa/858/0/
Previous Topic: record no longer present after commit in form
Next Topic: Running Oracle Report Through Form6i and validating between two dates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:42:01 CDT 2024