Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block (Form builder 6i called from Oracle EBS R11)
empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block [message #438360] Fri, 08 January 2010 05:47 Go to next message
fcherri
Hello,

I have 3 problems.

I have a form with a header for search criteria
and a a block for results of the search.

1- one of the search criteria field is a LOV. (XXHEADER.T_DRIVER)
when "VALIDATE FROM LIST" = Yes it doesnt work -- ANY IDEA WHY?

2- this (1) search criteria is in the where Clause of the Block as such
WHERE Driver_name like '%' || :XXHEADER.T_DRIVER || '%'

If i havent chosen any value: it should normally dispaly all the rcords But it is displaying Noone as if :XXHEADER.T_DRIVER is not Null.

3- if i delete any of the search criteria fields using the keyborad back space, and press find nothg is dispayed --->> I NEED TO CLEAR ALL FIELDS using the oracle apps clear -- ANY IDEA.

Thx

Re: empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block [message #438368 is a reply to message #438360] Fri, 08 January 2010 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
1) Does the LOV contain any data? What exactly does it do at the moment?
2) Use get_block_property(<block_name>, last_query) to find out exactly what query is being issued to the db. Should be able to work out the issue from that.
3) Again last_query should help diagnose the problem.
Re: empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block [message #438370 is a reply to message #438360] Fri, 08 January 2010 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fcherri
1- Yes, It is a select from Drivers_table.. It displayes both the Driver_code and Driver_name but Returns only Driver_name to the FIELD.

2- I cannot find any help on how to use the get_block property?

Thx
Re: empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block [message #438375 is a reply to message #438360] Fri, 08 January 2010 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
1) So do you want driver code returned instead? Check the return values in the LOV wizard.
2) Form builder help will give examples and syntax
Re: empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block [message #438413 is a reply to message #438360] Fri, 08 January 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad_sector007

Hello
for the first question Do you try to do this in the query mode(validate from list in query mode) ?

for the second question i can't find the problem but try to create a simple form based on hr schema (employee table only )
and try this code in the where Clause of the Block as this
WHERE FIRST_NAME like '%' || :FIRST_NAME || '%'
this code worked with me.

for the third question i can't understand it but all i can get that you want to clear all fields in the query mode if so you can try to query again and it will clear all the field .

khaled farouk

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 15:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: empty field isn't considered as such in where clause of a block [message #438724 is a reply to message #438360] Mon, 11 January 2010 23:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problems?

David
Previous Topic: Showing Printer and Printer Trays
Next Topic: Call a report from menu item (merged 2)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:36:40 CDT 2024