Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms Question (Oracle Forms 6i)
Oracle Forms Question [message #437771] Tue, 05 January 2010 23:34 Go to next message
DBase482
Scenario: I have 3 data-blocks: a, b, c.

data-block a has 3 items: customer_number, customer_name, account_id

Dataflow: In data-block a, the user enters a customer_number. This will automatically populate items customer_name and account_id (if the account_id already exists in the database) as well as the other two data-blocks (b and c). HOWEVER, if the account_id doesn't already exist in the database, the user must enter one, and once it's entered it's implicitly saved, and the next time the user logs in the account_id will already be in the database.

Question: How do I implement this logic? What kind of triggers should I use?

Thank you.
Re: Oracle Forms Question [message #437784 is a reply to message #437771] Wed, 06 January 2010 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Create a msater-detail form based on 'a' and 'b'. When you are happy with its basic operations , then create a block ofr 'c' and a new 'relations' for it and do further testing. Only after you have got these three blocks and two relations working should you start adding your own code.

David
Re: Oracle Forms Question [message #437876 is a reply to message #437771] Wed, 06 January 2010 05:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
DBase482
once it's entered it's implicitly saved

Why "implicitly" (by the way, what do you call "implicit saving")? Let user commit changes, because soon you might come back asking how to delete unwanted implicitly saved records from the database.
Previous Topic: please show me how to display an image in button
Next Topic: Forms trigger override
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:45:35 CDT 2024