Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » General question (Oracle 10g windows)
General question [message #437171] Thu, 31 December 2009 12:17 Go to next message
ny1001
Guys,

I am in the process of converting the old mainframe system to oracle forms based system. (And yes, I am newbie to oracle forms).

I have been reading about forms development with oracle 10g and I am little bit confused.

IF we are developing a forms based application with 10g do we have to have forms run on application server?

We don't need the web based solution (lots of complexity for simple application) as we are work on client server based system.

People are also saying that you have to run Forms on applet? and if we have to run on applet, i guess we have to have an web server, correct?

I would appreciate if you can provide answers to above question and at the same time guide about best technical choice / architecture we should consider for our development.

out system is a simple CRUD kind of a system. Not really complicated application at all.
Re: General question [message #437180 is a reply to message #437171] Thu, 31 December 2009 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If that's the case, perhaps you really don't need Forms. Take a look at Application Express, whichQuote:
is a rapid web application development tool for the Oracle database. Using only a web browser and limited programming experience, you can develop and deploy professional-looking applications that are both fast and secure.

What do you think?
Re: General question [message #437758 is a reply to message #437180] Tue, 05 January 2010 23:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I agree with LF, use APEX.

David
Previous Topic: Form calling proc using putty or plink command line
Next Topic: Update Another Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:26:50 CDT 2024