Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » thumb scanner its very very very urgent pls!!!!!! (form 6i)
thumb scanner its very very very urgent pls!!!!!! [message #436455] Wed, 23 December 2009 12:18 Go to next message
owais_baba
Dear All,
I make a module Time Attendance in Developer6i. every employees mark their attendace with their own code or bar code reader. Now I want every employee mark their attendace with Thumb Scanner.

I purchased Thumb Scanner Device. Now I want to configured with Developer6i. but no idea how to configured. anybody can help.

early responce will be highly appricated. thank you

Regards
baba
Re: thumb scanner its very very very urgent pls!!!!!! [message #436456 is a reply to message #436455] Wed, 23 December 2009 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
The first step would be do read the documentation of the thumb scanner.
Re: thumb scanner its very very very urgent pls!!!!!! [message #436608 is a reply to message #436456] Thu, 24 December 2009 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
thanks for reply

i red that all documents actually i made one form in developer 6i which is for thumb or image scanning purpose but i have a windows xp for windows xp i have installed global 360 software but when i pressed button for scan its not working.

2nd question is actually i want to use scanner for user authentication when user put thier thumb on scanner software should work like if thumb is matched windows should appear with seperate window with different with message thumb is matched if not matched message should come thumb not matched if wou understand my problem pls do fast cause its very urgent for me

thnaks
baba

Re: thumb scanner its very very very urgent pls!!!!!! [message #436777 is a reply to message #436608] Mon, 28 December 2009 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Well, from the forms side of things there is no difference if it's a barcode scanner, a thumb print scanner, a retina scanner or a keypad.

What matters is how the drivers of the thing can interact with the OS / Forms. And that is described in the documentation only you have. There is no way any of us can no these things, since we don't have the documentation.
Re: thumb scanner its very very very urgent pls!!!!!! [message #437748 is a reply to message #436608] Tue, 05 January 2010 22:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
have you solved your problem? Did you search this forum for 'scanner' or 'thumb' or 'finger'? What DOES the scanner produce when you run it? Did you get any software with the device? Can you make it work from the command line?

David
Previous Topic: How to call a Report from a Menu in Forms 6i (merged 4)
Next Topic: how to call a crystal report from oracle forms?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:24:10 CDT 2024