Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Navigate to tab item at start (Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 )
Navigate to tab item at start [message #431789] Thu, 19 November 2009 08:23 Go to next message
mmcubed72
I have a tab canvas sitting on a content canvas. All of the fields are in one block sitting on one table. I would like to navigate to certain fields on different tabs based on a parameter passed in at start-up. I have go_items (based on parameter value) in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger - but they do not work. Upon start-up, navigation always goes to the first item in the block that is on the content canvas (there isn't a go_item for that field). Any suggestions?

Here is the code:

IF :PARAMETER.PRM_TAB = 'S' THEN
GO_ITEM('BLK_MAIN.SPECIAL_CONDITION');
ELSIF :PARAMETER.PRM_TAB = 'P' THEN
GO_ITEM('BLK_MAIN.PHARMACY');
ELSIF :PARAMETER.PRM_TAB = 'P' THEN
GO_ITEM('BLK_MAIN.RESEARCH');
ELSE GO_ITEM('BLK_MAIN.ONC_HEME_MD');
END IF;

THNX!

-Mark
Re: Navigate to tab item at start [message #431808 is a reply to message #431789] Thu, 19 November 2009 11:05 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Does the first item on the block have it's required property set to true?
Do you have any code that runs at forms startup apart from what you've shown us?
Are you getting any error messages?

Is it going to the item you tell it and then back to the first item or straight to the first item - put a message in the WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE on the item you want it to go to to check.
Previous Topic: Can't read image after getting from webcam
Next Topic: Data is not refreshing after execute query in detail block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:55:42 CDT 2024