Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms MDI windows maximized but Status line hidden, using separateFrame=True (Forms 10gR2 on Windows)
icon5.gif  Forms MDI windows maximized but Status line hidden, using separateFrame=True [message #428556] Wed, 28 October 2009 17:54 Go to next message
EBeaver
Hi,

I have an Oracle Forms 10R2 application, with the setting separateFrame=True at config file.
This causes the Java applet's MDI window to be displayed separate from the browser window.
This MDI window is automatically maximized to fill up the entire screen.
Unfortunately the Oracle Forms Status Line and the Message Line is positioned or displayed underneath the Windows Taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
This makes it look like it is hidden, or missing. But I know it is there because if I set the Windows Taskbar property to Auto-hide, or move it to the top, or right or left edge of the screen, then the Status Line and Message Line become visible.
These Status Line and Message Line are responsible for showing messages like:

FRM-40200: Field is protected against update.
Record: 1/1 ... <OSC>

Has anyone encountered the same problem?
Does anyone know how to configure Oracle Forms so that the Java applet MDI window is still maximized, but without having the Message Line and Status Line displaying under the Windows Taskbar?

Thanks
Re: Forms MDI windows maximized but Status line hidden, using separateFrame=True [message #431525 is a reply to message #428556] Tue, 17 November 2009 22:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest that instead of using 'maximum' (because that can be a different size depending on the 'shape/location' of the Windows taskbar) that you manually define the size of the Forms window and canvas and that you set the display size for the application in 'formsweb.cfg'.

David
Previous Topic: Problem with block based on a complex view
Next Topic: Is it possible to install Oracle Developer Suite 10g on Windows 64 bits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:39:46 CDT 2024