Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » scanner reading bar code how??
scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427768] Sun, 25 October 2009 04:49 Go to next message
soracle
how to make
scanner to
read bar code
I print it

Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427788 is a reply to message #427768] Sun, 25 October 2009 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Barcode scanner emulates keyboard input.

Therefore, make sure to plug it as described in your barcode scanner's manual (it is usually the same cable as the keyboard ones).

When you scan the barcode, the result will be placed into the text item in your form. Note that item's properties must be set correctly (i.e. input must be allowed).
Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427804 is a reply to message #427788] Sun, 25 October 2009 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soracle
ok

But scanner read the bar as image not barcode (number)

the meaning :
when I scann barcode by scanner (the scanner not convert barcode to number that repersent barcode )

when problem ?????/
Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427824 is a reply to message #427804] Mon, 26 October 2009 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What "scanner" are you talking about? Barcodes are to be read by barcode scanners (if you want them to be converted into characters). Sample images follow:

Yes:

/forum/fa/6905/0/

No:

/forum/fa/6906/0/

If you are sure you are using the right scanner, did you try to scan barcode preprinted on a certain product you buy in a shop (i.e. the one you didn't create)? Is it read correctly? If so, how did you create YOUR barcode? Which barcode is it? 1D (such as 39), 2D? Some of them require, for example, asterisk (*) at the beginning and at the end of the string in order to be correctly read.

In other words: perhaps you should provide some more information.
Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427859 is a reply to message #427768] Mon, 26 October 2009 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soracle
yes i used the sanner barcide (the first image )
but
scanner when scan image , the image enter as image not character that reperesent image (as /fa/0906/09 )
that is the problem

what solution ?

Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427899 is a reply to message #427859] Mon, 26 October 2009 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No idea, I've never seen that.

Did you correctly set the scanner? Perhaps it is capable of scanning both barcodes and images (photos, for example), so you have to set it up.
Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #427994 is a reply to message #427768] Mon, 26 October 2009 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soracle
the problem

when san barcode from any product ...the barcode enter correct

but when i make barcode by report and i scan it not enter correct

where problem?
Re: scanner reading bar code how?? [message #428010 is a reply to message #427994] Mon, 26 October 2009 15:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Maybe we are several messages back, where I saidLF
If you are sure you are using the right scanner, did you try to scan barcode preprinted on a certain product you buy in a shop (i.e. the one you didn't create)? Is it read correctly?
OK, you've said that this works fine.

LF
If so, how did you create YOUR barcode? Which barcode is it? 1D (such as 39), 2D? Some of them require, for example, asterisk (*) at the beginning and at the end of the string in order to be correctly read.

Well?
Previous Topic: Alert Message
Next Topic: Problem opening an Excel file with Webutil
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:46:59 CDT 2024