Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form (forms 6i,EBS 11.5.10)
how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #425867] Mon, 12 October 2009 13:03 Go to next message
consultant19
Hi

I am working on Oracle Quality Plan form (Enter Quality Results,Update Quality Plan) these are oracle standard Quality plan forms. These two forms are called from service contracts authoring form using zoom functionality.I am able to bring this using Zoom functionality.

But according to requirement, I have restrict this form(form has 2 blocks 1.Q_RES_HEAD 2.Q_RES.) second block which has multiple lines displayed in the standard form.

Now I need to restrict this to display one record only.How can we do that.Need to customize standard form.

I tried to do this by changing no of records displayed in Q_RES block

In Q_RES block initiaily it was NO of Records displayed = 9 in standard form

Now I changed to NO of Records displayed =1 in customized form.

But it gave me weird form. all the columns got stacked up on and looks like singe column ,I tried to drag the columns ,i need to get all columns .

Pl suggest me How can I do this.

Pl Urgent
Re: how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #425873 is a reply to message #425867] Mon, 12 October 2009 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
But, that IS the way how to do that ... if you want a single line, layout style is changed from "tabular" to "form". Why would you want to display (for example) 9 records: 1 would contain some data and 8 of them would remain empty?

Anyway, perhaps you could set block's WHERE property to "rownum = 1". It would always return only one record, but - which one do you want to display? Can you also set the ORDER BY property? Would this combination return different records during subsequent queries, or would you always get only one, the same record? In my opinion, that wouldn't be a good idea.
Re: how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #425875 is a reply to message #425873] Mon, 12 October 2009 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
consultant19
we need to create 1 rec only ,no multiple recs.
Re: how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #426447 is a reply to message #425875] Thu, 15 October 2009 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
consultant19
Hi

Thanks for your help.

I tried to figured out the solution

for oracle Quality plan(Enter quality results form)

in when new record instance
if :system.cursor_record=2 then
go_record(1);
end if
this worked for me
thanks
Re: how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #426501 is a reply to message #426447] Fri, 16 October 2009 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Fine.

But WHAT is the purpose of a multi-record block (for example, 10 records on the screen) when you force using only one record? Quite a mystery to me.
Re: how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #426577 is a reply to message #425867] Fri, 16 October 2009 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
consultant19
To my knowledge ,it is quite complex to change layout and go for single record. for now we are just going with this
Re: how to limit no of rows displayed in Oracle Quality Plan form [message #426676 is a reply to message #426577] Sun, 18 October 2009 15:39 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
On the contrary, it is the simplest way to do the job.
Previous Topic: Post-text-item error (merged 3)
Next Topic: message display problem in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:52:48 CDT 2024