Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » subclass information (forms 10g)
subclass information [message #423644] Fri, 25 September 2009 17:49 Go to next message
nastyjillu
i have 2 forms. one is form_A and other is template form called temp_form.

i want to create a block in form_A which is same as a block in temp_form.

i can use subclass information to do this. but have no idea how to do due to below questions.

do i need to have both the forms open in the form builder at the same time to attach temp_form as subclass object??

or do i need to have temp_form in the folder whose path is given in form's Start in ???

after creating block in form_A using the subclass info, can i make changes to the block

thanks
Re: subclass information [message #423655 is a reply to message #423644] Sat, 26 September 2009 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
the oracle forms documentation has tutorials etc. that tell you how to do this. Sorry to say it, but do some reading.

I believe (though I have not done a subclass in a long time) are:

1) yes both forms must be open in designer
2) no, but your template form must be findable at runtime however you achieve that
3) yes/no I seem to recall there were some changes that were possible but most were not. Seems to me subclassing was about not changing what you got and copying was.

Don't quote me.

Kevin
Re: subclass information [message #423695 is a reply to message #423655] Sat, 26 September 2009 10:37 Go to previous message
nastyjillu
i think we can change the properties of a copied item. but the thing is that particular property gets a red X mark. again if we want to get original property then if we click on X mark it will inherit the old one

thanks
jillu
Previous Topic: attache Pll Libraray
Next Topic: Sub Total
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:59:08 CDT 2024