Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Could anyone please help with a quick design question? (Oracle Forms Builder, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0)
Could anyone please help with a quick design question? [message #419086] Wed, 19 August 2009 16:12 Go to next message
audioinjection
Ok, here's a quick design question from a Newbie (so please be gentle!).

I'm working on some financial software, and I need to design a new form. We're working on financial software, so here's what I need it to do/how it will be used...

Imagine a "customer" comes into a brick and mortar store to apply for a loan. There will be a Kiosk in the lobby where the customer will start the application process, saving the employee the time and effort of typing the info themselves.
Now, we have already built the application screen on the employee end, so the customer version should be pretty simple, it's just a more user-friendly version for the new customer.

Ok, simple so far. Here's my real question:

We want this to be ULTRA user friendly. An example of how we want it, and what i'm having a hard time designing: The customer sees a welcome screen and a "begin" button. When they press "Begin" they are taken to the next "screen" which asks for the customers First and Last name. Then they press the "next" button and are asked to enter their social security number. They press next and are asked for phone number etc etc....

How the heck can I do this?
Re: Could anyone please help with a quick design question? [message #419131 is a reply to message #419086] Thu, 20 August 2009 00:27 Go to previous message
shaz
Create a form with multiple canvas.

Quote:
When they press "Begin" they are taken to the next "screen" which asks for the customers First and Last name. Then they press the "next" button and are asked to enter their social security number. They press next and are asked for phone number etc etc....

These things you can give in different canvas and just navigate through canvas by writing the code on button.

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: duplicacy in records occuring
Next Topic: trigger on a text item (merged 2) forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:54:25 CDT 2024