Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » A Delete_record does not work (Forms 6i)
A Delete_record does not work [message #422491] Wed, 16 September 2009 16:37 Go to next message
lnegger
Hi, i would like you to pardo me if may english is not good. I'll try to explain may problem. I have a multirecord block. I put a DELETE_RECORD in the trigger KEY-DELREC of the block. The code inside taht trigger is DELETE_RECORD. The program seems to work because the record disapears of the block, then i press the save buttom of the toolbar. Then when i make the same query, the record deleted is there again. The application returns no error.

If somebody can help me, thanks in advanced.
Re: A Delete_record does not work [message #422514 is a reply to message #422491] Thu, 17 September 2009 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This just doesn't make any sense; DELETE_RECORD + COMMIT will remove a record from the database, unless there's something going on that prevents that to happen.

Did you, perhaps, use exception handler in this form and used WHEN OTHERS? If so, how does it look like? Perhaps you'd want to remove it and run the form again.
Re: A Delete_record does not work [message #422573 is a reply to message #422491] Thu, 17 September 2009 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahubcd
lnegger,
Make sure of the 2 things below.
1. The save button should have commit_form statement.
2. While you do the delete_record and re-query, make sure that there is no rollback happenning anywhere.

Regards,
Bahubcd.
Re: A Delete_record does not work [message #423084 is a reply to message #422491] Tue, 22 September 2009 01:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Does the 'delete record' on the 'smartbar' menu cause the record to be deleted?

Is the block based on a table or did you populate the records in the block yourself?

David
Previous Topic: how to send parameter to oracle form
Next Topic: FRM-40735: when-button-pressed trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01841
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:59:49 CDT 2024