Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Providing username and password through forms for login to file server. (Forms 10g, Windows Server 2003, OAS 10.2.1.3)
icon5.gif  Providing username and password through forms for login to file server. [message #412397] Thu, 09 July 2009 03:01 Go to next message
v_contact
Hi everybody.
I am running my forms process as a local system account on the server. I read image files from a file server using the HOST command and display the image files in the form. This is workign fine as the file server has no user authentication in place today. Its on the same domain as that of my windows server.

The problem is now we have to read from another server which has user based authentication. How do I provide the username and password to read the image files from the new file server.

One option would be to run the forms process as a user, but I have read that if we run the forms as a local system account then it can run more number of processes and also Oracle reccomends running it as a local system account.

Is there someway I can use webutils to provide username and password to login?

Thanks.
Vikram.
Re: Providing username and password through forms for login to file server. [message #412870 is a reply to message #412397] Mon, 13 July 2009 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can you write a script that uses parameters? Can you invoke this script with parameters via the 'host' command?

David
Re: Providing username and password through forms for login to file server. [message #412916 is a reply to message #412870] Mon, 13 July 2009 07:07 Go to previous message
v_contact
Hi David,
I though of doing so, but then the script has to copy the imiage from file server to the application server, and then from the application server the forms can read and display. But this will considerably slow the application down as for each image the script will be invoked.

Also we use images in reports, with the property of the field set as image url and read from file. In this case the script cannot be used.

Any suggestions..

Thanks.. Vikram.
Previous Topic: Help needed to comma separate the values
Next Topic: Calculation date in detail form 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:47:02 CDT 2024