Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » move cursor to a previous item (forms 10g)
move cursor to a previous item [message #411592] Sun, 05 July 2009 19:36 Go to next message
tuckersuz
How can I move a cursor without a go_item? I have a when-validate item condition for a field. If the user must go back to an earlier sequence item to change it if conditions are not met in following items based on the when-validate-item, how can I get the cursor to go back to the earlier sequence item within the when-validate item code?

Ex:[in the when-validate-item of a field]
BEGIN
IF :block.field2 NOT IN ('A','B','C')
AND :block.field_date IS NOT NULL
AND :block.field1 IS NULL THEN
MESSAGE('Must update field1 when field_date is not blank');
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;

many thanks
Re: move cursor to a previous item [message #412852 is a reply to message #411592] Mon, 13 July 2009 01:51 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Populate a 'control' block item with the name of the item to which you wish to navigate. Create a timer, and in that timer display your message and then do a 'go_item' to the item whose name you have stored in the 'control block item.

David
Previous Topic: cursor to move automatically to the next record, back to the first canvas tab page
Next Topic: FRM-40501: ORACLE error: unable to reserve record for update or delete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:34:32 CDT 2024