Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Disable invoking button  () 1 Vote
icon5.gif  Disable invoking button [message #404640] Fri, 22 May 2009 10:19 Go to next message
eeriehunk
Hi All,
I wrote a procedure to clear all my text fields and disable all buttons in my form. And I call this procedure in a button (insert button). when I presses the insert button, after all my button operations, all the text fields get cleared and all my buttons get disabled, except my insert button. I do have code to disable this button in my procedure as well. But for some reason, every other button gets disable except the button which invoked the procedure.
Is there a way to disable the invoking button as well ?
I did try using the clear_form functionality available in the Oracle Forms by default, but no use.
Kindly suggest.
Regards,
Aj
Re: Disable invoking button [message #404641 is a reply to message #404640] Fri, 22 May 2009 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is this a good idea? If every single item in a block is disabled, there's no navigable item in a block which is an invalid condition. What can you do with such a block?!?
Re: Disable invoking button [message #404646 is a reply to message #404641] Fri, 22 May 2009 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eeriehunk
I apologize, let me rephrase my question. I am disabling most of the buttons. For example, I have a insert button, which performs an insert. After the insert operation is complete, I want this button to be disabled so as to avoid the user accidentally pressing the button twice.
Regards,
Aj

PS. Kindly ignore my other two postings, they happened by accident, the post button was not responding, so I refreshed the page and submitted it again.
Re: Disable invoking button [message #404954 is a reply to message #404640] Mon, 25 May 2009 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The problem you've got is you can't disable the item where the cursor is. If you've pressed a button then the cursor is on the button and you can't disable it.
So you need to move the cursor somewhere else first (using go_item).
Re: Disable invoking button [message #404965 is a reply to message #404954] Mon, 25 May 2009 17:14 Go to previous message
eeriehunk
Perfect ! It worked, I called both the clear_form function with another clear function that I created using a trigger that disabled the button. The first function removed the focus and the second function disabled the button.
Thanks a lot.
Will be back with more questions.
Regards, Aj
Previous Topic: link for developer10g
Next Topic: Create Next/Previous Record button logic ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:42:36 CDT 2024