Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Master Detail Blocks Multiple Master Rows and Multiple Detail Rows (Developer 10g, Oracle 10g)
Master Detail Blocks Multiple Master Rows and Multiple Detail Rows [message #390474] Fri, 06 March 2009 08:43 Go to next message
itroome

Love to all

I am faceing the problem in Devloper10g. I develop the Master-Detail Blocks based on shored procedure [refcursor]. On the canvas, First Master Block display three rows, and second Detail Blocks display 5 rows. Detail Block has also the child Block with 5 Rows.

Problem: in each block there is checkbox as control item. Now problem is, I select the checkbox in Master Block and select records in the detail block. and Nevigate in the Master Block[from first record to second and so on]. The check box value will not retain value.

For exp. I select [checkbox] in the Master Block first Record. and select [checkbox] in the related detail Block two rows. Now I move to the Master Block second record and select [checkbox]. and select [checkbox] in te related detail blocks. When I move back to first record in Master Block. its related selected [that I have already selected] rows will be unselected [checkbox].

Please guide me, if i am doing wrong. or give me suggestion to retain the value into the control item [checkbox].

From
Muhammad Aurangzaib
itroome@yahoo.com
Re: Master Detail Blocks Multiple Master Rows and Multiple Detail Rows [message #390510 is a reply to message #390474] Fri, 06 March 2009 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If these checkboxes were database items (instead of control ones), you could POST changes you've made in order to remember them (but they would still not be committed).

Control items? No idea, sorry.
Re: Master Detail Blocks Multiple Master Rows and Multiple Detail Rows [message #390534 is a reply to message #390510] Sat, 07 March 2009 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itroome

Dear Little Foot

I have tried to make a dummy column into the refcursur as:

Select c1, c2, null is_deleted from tab1;

on the form I call it as the database item. but on the form it is still not retain the values. will you guide me at what trigger i use the command POST and how.

From
itroome@yahoo.com
Muhammad Aurangzaib
Re: Master Detail Blocks Multiple Master Rows and Multiple Detail Rows [message #394185 is a reply to message #390534] Thu, 26 March 2009 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Re: Master Detail Blocks Multiple Master Rows and Multiple Detail Rows [message #394636 is a reply to message #394185] Sun, 29 March 2009 01:09 Go to previous message
itroome

Dear David

Yes, The problem is sloved. I used the PL SQL table and store all the checkbox value when the user change and i refresh the value when the POST QUERY run,

In short there will three procedure run

1. WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE. -- this procedure will store all the unique key values of the Blocks, into the PL SQL TABLE. this unique keys will be next use when user will change the value of check box.
1. WHEN-CHECKBOX-CHANGED --it will store the value into PL SQL table, twhen the user change it.
2. POST-QUERY. --It will update the screen.

I hope you understand it. Smile

From
itroome@yahoo.com
Muhammad Aurangzaib

Previous Topic: Open login.fmx in a web page (SPLIT topic)
Next Topic: Tutorial site link of Oracle Developer 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:32:06 CDT 2024