Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! (Oracle Forms 9i)
Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! [message #388138] Mon, 23 February 2009 07:14 Go to next message
ksgsharma
Hi,

I need to use the Return Key on the Key board to Query data for a certain block. I tried using KEY-OTHERS trigger (at item level) for this. The problem I m facing is that even keys like TAB and other Function Keys are also getting executed. So as to supress them I have given NULL; at the FORM Level for all the Function key triggers.. but not working.

Please suggest a way so that only RETURN key can be used to execute a query.

Thanks
Sharma K
Re: Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! [message #388490 is a reply to message #388138] Wed, 25 February 2009 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think the whole idea of using any key for other than what is was designed is STUPID!!

Try the 'key-enter' trigger.

David
Re: Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! [message #388504 is a reply to message #388138] Wed, 25 February 2009 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksgsharma
Thanks for the reply .. anyway no one is so stupid as not to try KEY-ENTER trigger. This trigger is not firing when ENTER KEY is pressed in the Keyboard (tried at ITEM and BLOCK level). Hence resorted to KEY-OTHERS trigger.

Please Help ...
Re: Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! [message #388714 is a reply to message #388504] Thu, 26 February 2009 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
No person I know who has ever used an Oracle Forms system uses the 'Enter' key expecting to execute a query more than 3 times. The enter key keeps jumping out of the item. When they ring the help desk you just tell them to press the 'execute_query' button or use 'Ctrl-k' to get the list of valid keys.

Did you try the 'key-enter' trigger on the ITEM?

David
Re: Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! [message #389125 is a reply to message #388138] Fri, 27 February 2009 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksgsharma
Thanks mate .. Working ..
Re: Need to user Return Key for Querying Data !! [message #432516 is a reply to message #389125] Tue, 24 November 2009 11:40 Go to previous message
bonjojo

On the button you created to fire and execute-query, there is a property called 'Default Button'. Set that to YES so that every time 'Enter' key is pressed the code inside the button is executed.
Previous Topic: Summation
Next Topic: Disable item, then enable item, then can't tab to the item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:55:03 CDT 2024