Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » do you want to save message (oracle forms 6i)
do you want to save message [message #355513] Fri, 24 October 2008 10:41 Go to next message
oraclenewbee
Hi every one,

I am developing a form which has one data block. Three fields are used for search. When I enter values in to these fieds and click search, I am getting 'Do you want to save' message. After this message the search is executed.

This message is showed because the search fields is considered to be modified. Can anyone tell me how to avoid this message. CAn any one please help me.

Re: do you want to save message [message #355593 is a reply to message #355513] Sat, 25 October 2008 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranjith_amrita
you can supress this message. Try to give like this

:SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 20;

this will supress all the messages which is having level <= 20.
Re: do you want to save message [message #355806 is a reply to message #355513] Mon, 27 October 2008 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Is there any reason why you aren't using the standard enter-query/execute-query functionality?
Because if you assign values to those fields in enter-query mode you won't get that message.
Re: do you want to save message [message #355858 is a reply to message #355513] Tue, 28 October 2008 02:26 Go to previous message
rajy_salim
You are entering values in the fields without being in ENTER-QUERY mode. So when you click your search button, normally you are executing query, and it's normal to have this message.
You have two solutions:

1. Use the normal ENTER-QUERY/EXECUTE-QUERY functionality as proposed before.
  2. Create another non-database datablock where you put your search fields with the search button, and fetch (execute-query) your result in the based block.

Rajy
Previous Topic: vb vs form 6i as interface .... oracle as back end...
Next Topic: Radio group not defaulting to initial value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 18:26:46 CDT 2024