Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV button (Forms)
LOV button [message #350651] Thu, 25 September 2008 16:26 Go to next message
s_amits
Hi All ,
Need your help !!

The case is in form there is a text field attached w/LOV. when cursor focus to text field user enter some text for quick search , which appears in find area(text field) of LOV window. and List the match items into list. Let say user do not find the item in the list and they hit the cancel button. and LOW window disappears.
want to know
1. how can i figure out what button pressed from the LOV window?
2. how to compare the text field values before the LOV value populate and used did not select any value from LOv list.
3. is there any trigger which say what button clicked on the LOV. i.e. OK,cancel,find
4. how about the key trigger. say F5 ( if user don't find any value in the LOV list press F5) if this can be done then how and where i can write the code.

Appreciate your quick response on the same, Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks
Re: LOV button [message #350672 is a reply to message #350651] Thu, 25 September 2008 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Assuming you are using Forms 10g, open the help facility (mine opens on 'Working with Items, The Object Navigator'). A few entries up the list, there is 'List of Values (LOV) Items'. Open it and have a read.

Also, 'Search' the help system for 'list_values' and read the entry whose 'Source' is 'Designing Forms'.

To your questions:
1) Basically, you DON'T know which button was pressed. Either the user has populated the field or not populated the field.

2) The same way you would for a field that does not have a LOV. Store the 'old' information in a separate item going in to the item and then compare it to the current ('new') value in the 'When-Validate-Item' trigger on the way out. Remember, just because the 'status' of the item is 'changed', doesn't mean that the data content is now different. The user may be presented with the data 'dog', use the LOV and change it to 'cat', but upon exiting the LOV decide that they really do want 'dog' and manually change it back. The 'status' has 'changed' but the data is still the same.

3) No. (See number 1 above)

4) If they don't find the information, then press the 'Esc' key.

David
Re: LOV button [message #355773 is a reply to message #350672] Mon, 27 October 2008 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s_amits
Hi David,

Thanks for your input.

I've another issue here Appreciate your early input on the same. Thanks in Advance.

The issue is i've dynamically attached the LOV on text item field, when user enter some string into text field and tab out or press the enter key LOV popups but it show full list. what i want is that can we filter the LOV list based on the string typed in text field. I also has some validation check at same item Key next Item also.

Example :
1. Text item Where LOV attached Dynamically (PRE_text)
IF (:XX_CREATE_IB_WA.ALIAS_NAME IS NULL ) THEN
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY 'XX_CREATE.PRODUCT'LOV_NAME, 'XX_PRODUCTS');
ELSE
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY 'XX_CREATE.PRODUCT',LOV_NAME,'XX_PRODUCTS_ALIAS');
END IF;

2. Uset Type in the text field say %DISH% i want to copy %Dish% into the LOV Find field when the LOV popups.
3 at the same time when user select any value from displyed LOV ,would like to prform the some validation onthe same.
there fore i kept Key_Next_item.
4 here when user tab out first LOV popus Implicit and then the trriger get fired.

or suggest any work arround

Thanks !!!
Re: LOV button [message #356226 is a reply to message #355773] Thu, 30 October 2008 00:43 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There are too many spelling errors and too much punctuation missing for me to parse your post.

Instead of changing the LOV, consider either changing the record_group that the LOV uses, or add logic to the 'select' statement in the record_group so that it uses the information that has been typed into the other field.

David
Previous Topic: How to automate Object List Report
Next Topic: forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 18:23:19 CDT 2024