Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Print report thru form
Print report thru form [message #273778] Thu, 11 October 2007 12:02 Go to next message
mnanias
Hi,
I have created a form.When I click on the print button I should be able to print the report of that particular student or some thing like that,so first I started of just displaying the report thru the form,I used the following code in 'when-button-pressed'
*** declare
repid report_object;
v_rep varchar2(100);
begin
repid := find_report_object('YULDPRNRT');
--set_report_object_property(repid,report_filename,'test1');
--set_report_object_property(repid,report_other,'dept_id=10');
v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
end; ****
so it compiled well and when i run the form,got an error msg "SSL failure running another product".I have gone thru all the forums and i didn't find any help or I was not able to understand the solution.The versions i am using are same oracle forms 10g and reports 10g.
I have done all the needful to pop up the report i have done the attachment of my report to report_object in navigator and all other stuff,so can any one help me with this

Thank you in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2008 00:02] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Print report thru form [message #273867 is a reply to message #273778] Fri, 12 October 2007 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Use the 'web.show_document' command instead of 'RUN_REPORT_OBJECT'. Search this forum for 'web.show_document' to see examples.

David
Re: Print report thru form [message #273974 is a reply to message #273867] Fri, 12 October 2007 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mnanias
Hi,

web.show_document('http://Documents and Settings\nm26\Desktop\Nagesh\example.jsp','_blank');
The code above is the one which i used to run my report i was able to open the web browser the display on the screen is "The page cannot be displayed ",its the common error you get when your not connected to the net so please help me in this and one more thing is i wanted to print the report rather than display printing would be more helpful i tried to look up all the forums but i was not able to find the right solution.

Thank You
Re: Print report thru form [message #274168 is a reply to message #273974] Sun, 14 October 2007 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is this your first report?

David
Re: Print report thru form [message #274176 is a reply to message #274168] Sun, 14 October 2007 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mnanias
Hi

yes
Re: Print report thru form [message #274199 is a reply to message #274176] Mon, 15 October 2007 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'web.show_document'. You will see that there are quite a few of them. You will also see that there is normally quite a fibe or six parameters associated with running a report.

I would suggest starting out by running an Oracle report rather than the 'jsp' you are trying to run.

By the way, what tool did you use to create a 'jsp'?

David
Re: Print report thru form [message #274256 is a reply to message #273778] Mon, 15 October 2007 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushpendra.tomar
Hi,

To run report thru forms use the following command:

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'REPORT_PATH',SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL );

REPORT_PATH : is the complete path of your report.

pl_id : is the parameter list id if you are passing any parameters from forms to reports while execution.

Hope it work for you...

Pushpendra
Re: Print report thru form [message #274298 is a reply to message #274256] Mon, 15 October 2007 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mnanias
HI,
When i am trying to use run_product() it says run_product(report) is no longer supported use run_report_object.
The version i am using is forms 10g.So please help me in this

Thank You
Re: Print report thru form [message #349772 is a reply to message #273778] Tue, 23 September 2008 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ka_wish

PROCEDURE RUN_REPORT IS
pl_id ParamList;
BEGIN
pl_id := Get_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END IF;

pl_id := Create_Parameter_List('tmpdata');

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'TO_JVOUCHER', TEXT_PARAMETER, :JV_REC_MST.JVOUCHER_NO);
-- Add_Parameter(pl_id,'to_date', TEXT_PARAMETER, :tt);
Add_parameter(pl_id, 'Destype', Text_Parameter, 'printer');
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');

Run_Product(REPORTS, 'J:\Accounts\Reports\EXPORT_JVOUCHER.REP', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END;

Thanks
Best, Regards
R I z w a n A d m a n i
I.T ADMINISTRATOR
(OCP Developer
DBA Administrator
CCNA, CCDA, Network Administrator)

Re: Print report thru form [message #349790 is a reply to message #349772] Tue, 23 September 2008 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Will you please format your code and use 'code' tags!!!!

David
Re: Print report thru form [message #349797 is a reply to message #349790] Tue, 23 September 2008 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ka_wish

PROCEDURE RUN_REPORT
IS
PL_ID PARAMLIST;
BEGIN
PL_ID := GET_PARAMETER_LIST('tmpdata');

IF NOT ID_NULL(PL_ID) THEN
DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(PL_ID);
END IF;

PL_ID := CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST('tmpdata');

ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'TO_JVOUCHER',TEXT_PARAMETER,:JV_REC_MST.JVOUCHER_NO);
-- Add_Parameter(pl_id,'to_date', TEXT_PARAMETER, :tt);

ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'Destype',TEXT_PARAMETER,'printer');

ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PARAMFORM',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NO');

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'J:\Accounts\Reports\EXPORT_JVOUCHER.REP',
SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,PL_ID,NULL);

DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(PL_ID);
END;
Re: Print report thru form [message #349802 is a reply to message #349797] Tue, 23 September 2008 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Ka_wish, please, read the "How to format your post" section of the OraFAQ Forum Guide. It won't take long, but will show you how to properly use [code] tags.
Re: Print report thru form [message #350095] Wed, 24 September 2008 02:18 Go to previous message
ka_wish

No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2008 02:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Run Report Call Form At report runtime how to possible
Next Topic: How To connect Form Developer MS.Access Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 16:31:13 CDT 2024