Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » password design field
password design field [message #347059] Wed, 10 September 2008 09:44 Go to next message
subba99
hi
i want to design a form for creating new user..............
here my problem is i want to protect password field i..e password field 1)'contain atleast one letter and one alphabet'
2)hint automatically display when cap'slock is on
3) alerts messages can display when password is not valid

how can i code this password field can anyone give me the solution
Re: password design field [message #347119 is a reply to message #347059] Wed, 10 September 2008 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
For the first requirement, search the entered string for at least one number and at least one letter; as soon as you find both, stop searching. You might use LOOP, SUBSTR and similar.

As of the second one, that's not necessary because Oracle's passwords are not case sensitive.
SQL> connect scott/tiger
Connected.
SQL> connect SCOTT/TIGER
Connected.
SQL>

Alert? Why not; search the Forms Online Help System for "alerts" ("Create an alert" might be of a great help, as well as other related topics).
Re: password design field [message #347164 is a reply to message #347119] Wed, 10 September 2008 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subba99
hi littlefoot thanks for your response

1)can u send me the code to 'check atleast one charecter and one number'
2)u said password is not case sensitive ,but my requeriment is i want to design forms for creating new users i..e the user can
create the new account with username and password,to protect the passsword i want to display hint automatically when capslock is on.....................

please if any one have code reply to me
Re: password design field [message #347180 is a reply to message #347164] Thu, 11 September 2008 00:08 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
  1. First, try it yourself (I've given a hint in my previous message). If it doesn't work, come back, show us what you did and what makes you think it doesn't fit your requirements.
  2. I wouldn't know how to do that; possibly using some Java code. However, WHY would you want to do that as it really doesn't matter whether username and/or password are created using lower or upper case?
Previous Topic: statistic of fmb files usage
Next Topic: Forms Error FRM-41050
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 16:30:37 CDT 2024