Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms exits abruptly (10.1.2.0.2)
Forms exits abruptly [message #335493] Tue, 22 July 2008 05:54 Go to next message
shahmayur
Hiya

We are facing a strange problem with one of the forms of our application.

This form is a search screen whereby it retrieves the records from the database. What is happening is that when we enter names like 'John' or 'Martin' and click on the Search button, it immediately closes this form. But if I enter a name like 'John Smith', it retrieves the records properly and does not close the form.

We have deployed this form on our Test server and the installation on this server is Oracle Forms and Reports Services 10g.

However, this same form works well on my development box where I have installed Oracle Developer suite 10g.

While investigating this problem, what I have found is that the names like 'John' or 'Martin' has more than 500 matching records whereas a name like 'John Smith' has got only a couple of records.

So I am suspecting that this form is falling over when there are a few hundreds of records to retrieve.

Does anyone has encountered similar problem before ? or does anyone know if there is any settings/parameters in any configuration files that needs to be applied to fix this problem ?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Mayur
Re: Forms exits abruptly [message #339219 is a reply to message #335493] Thu, 07 August 2008 02:00 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Verify that the 'tmp' and 'temp' environment variables point to an area to which the user has write access, and that this area has at least 5 meg of available disk space.

David
Previous Topic: LOV being displayed
Next Topic: show_view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:17:34 CDT 2024