Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » automatically getting files from server (forms 6i,oracle 10g)
automatically getting files from server [message #334974] Sat, 19 July 2008 00:41 Go to next message
sri_rao85
Hi all,
in one of my client due to the network traffic we are keeping the fmx files in each and every computer to access the application by the user.So that they are getting doing little bit fast rather then keeping in central server more over the client is also prefare to go like that only.
Now my big problem is if i want to keep any update fmx i had to copy manually in every PC which is becoming very big problem ,So is there any chance that when i open my application it had to check in a defined folder for update files based on the file date and time,If any updates it get it had to bring the file to the local defined folder in the PC.

Thanks in advance

SRINI
Re: automatically getting files from server [message #334988 is a reply to message #334974] Sat, 19 July 2008 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
WebForms.
Forget Client-Server. WebForms was introduced to overcome this problem. Although CS-computing is fast at runtime, it is a nightmare for maintenance/upgrades.
You have a choice: either use a centralized mechanism, probably causing lower performance, or keep the maintenance-headaches.
You can't have both (without changing network infrastructure)
Re: automatically getting files from server [message #334992 is a reply to message #334988] Sat, 19 July 2008 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sri_rao85
HI,
What u told is correct,but the client wants like that only
thanks for youer replay.
srini
Re: automatically getting files from server [message #339209 is a reply to message #334992] Thu, 07 August 2008 01:36 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Start the Forms application from a 'bat' script on the PC and in that script download all the files everytime you start or only get the ones that are 'newer'.

David
Previous Topic: WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT
Next Topic: this is a hard one !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:27:54 CDT 2024