Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Auto populating a text box (Oracle 9i Forms)
Auto populating a text box [message #332497] Tue, 08 July 2008 13:06 Go to next message
vamsikgummadi
Hi Friends,
I have developed a form application in which I have three text boxes and LOV's. Suppose after inserting a value from first LOV into the first text box the data will be filtered. Suppose now in the second LOV the record set has only one record instead of displaying the LOV to the user I want to insert the value of that particular record set into the second field directly.

In a way I can say that
Quote:
inserting value into text item directly if the number of records in the record set of LOV is one

Is there any way to do this. If yes can you provide any sample snippets that can be helpful to me. If you need any sort of information from my side to solve this problem to help me please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Vamsi K Gummadi.
Re: Auto populating a text box [message #332700 is a reply to message #332497] Wed, 09 July 2008 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mudabbir

Set the Automatic Select property of the LOV to "Yes"
Re: Auto populating a text box [message #332716 is a reply to message #332700] Wed, 09 July 2008 07:59 Go to previous message
vamsikgummadi
Hi Mudabbir,
Thank you for the respose and it worked for me. Thanks for your help once again.
Regards,
Vamsi K Gummadi.
Previous Topic: Uploading Forms On the Web
Next Topic: Syntax to set the property of a block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:24:18 CDT 2024