Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block (Forms 6i)
how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #325944] Mon, 09 June 2008 11:38 Go to next message
rahul15june
Hi,

I have a multirecord database block with field like Monday, Tuesday...Sunday.

Now when data is loaded I use, "Execute Query", The current days column (like say today is Monday), then that column (not row/record) should get highlighted.

I tried using

Set_item_instance property('item',current_record,visual_attribute,va_99)

I tried using
set_item_instance ('item',background_color,'red')

but that also did not work.

I want whole column highlighted not record/row.

I tried in Post_query, Post_select, pre_select, pre_query.

Thanks,
Rahul
Re: how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #325948 is a reply to message #325944] Mon, 09 June 2008 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Why did you use set_item_instance_property instead of set_item_property?

set_item_instance_property is a specific form of set_item_property, meant to only highlight a single row!
Re: how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #325967 is a reply to message #325948] Mon, 09 June 2008 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Because SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY is the way to do that Smile

There were several answers to a similar question; this is one of these.
Re: how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #325972 is a reply to message #325967] Mon, 09 June 2008 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
The question was (if I read it correctly) to highlight a column, not a row.
Re: how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #325973 is a reply to message #325972] Mon, 09 June 2008 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Right, but SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY (SIIP) is the way to do that; highlighting the whole record only complicates things as one has to use SIIP for every item separately (in other words, too bad that there's no such a property for SET_RECORD_PROPERTY built-in).
Re: how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #325987 is a reply to message #325944] Mon, 09 June 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Eysackers
I use POST-QUERY without a problem, SIIP is for individual cells
so set_item_property is best and fastest

POST-QUERY :
if :system.trigger_record = '1' then
  Set_item_property('last_name', visual_attribute, 'VA_RED');
end if;

you only need to change the color once, that's what the if then is there for
this has the added value of turning the field label red as well Smile

other option (slower)
POST-QUERY :
  Set_item_instance_property('last_name',current_record,visual_attribute, 'VA_RED');

Re: how to highlight a column in a multirecord database block [message #326120 is a reply to message #325987] Tue, 10 June 2008 04:42 Go to previous message
rahul15june
Thanks Martin,

Your solution worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone else also for your inputs.

thanks,
Rahul
Previous Topic: Blank Report
Next Topic: Order by
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:15:51 CDT 2024