Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Master-Detail Relationship Problem (Windows XP)
icon9.gif  Master-Detail Relationship Problem [message #324251] Sun, 01 June 2008 01:32 Go to next message
il_jesromio

Dear All,
I'm a new member in orafaq goup and i'm a new oracle developer, i have a problem in my form. the form handles a master-detail relationship which is created correctly and works well but somtimes when i query the master block the details don't be queried !!! then when qyerying the master again, the detail block is queried well. I don't see any logical reason for this, Please help me.... Thank You alot
Re: Master-Detail Relationship Problem [message #324253 is a reply to message #324251] Sun, 01 June 2008 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you use a default, Wizard-created master-detail form? Or did you modify something by yourself? Triggers, block/item properties, ...? If you changed it, what was it and how does it look like now?
Re: Master-Detail Relationship Problem [message #324254 is a reply to message #324253] Sun, 01 June 2008 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
il_jesromio
The relationship is created by the Wizard,
The Primary key properties changes are:
Enabled - No
Required - No
Insert Allowed - No
Update Allowed - No
Query Only - yes
Query Allowed - NO
,i validete that the primary key is not null before committing the form, and there is a Post-Insert trigger which return the primary key value which has been inserted.

The Foreign Key properties are not changed yet and there are two triggers on that detail block which are:
When-Create-Record - Initialize some items.
When-New-Record-Instance - Populate a City List.
Re: Master-Detail Relationship Problem [message #324279 is a reply to message #324253] Sun, 01 June 2008 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
il_jesromio

Hi all,

still have a problem in the relationship, i need your help.. even tell me a guidlines ....

Thanks in advance
Re: Master-Detail Relationship Problem [message #335372 is a reply to message #324279] Tue, 22 July 2008 00:39 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Previous Topic: how to use ifrun60.EXE in forms 6i in forms 10g ?
Next Topic: Libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:23:56 CDT 2024