Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Relationships (Win XP, 10G , 10G developer suit)
Relationships [message #323069] Tue, 27 May 2008 04:16 Go to next message
durgadas.menon
Hi,

I created a data block to become the detail of the master data block (BLKSIPLRMSTR). I implemented the relationship between them (Primary / Foreign Key) and the newly created BLKSIPLRDTLS block was displayed below the BLKSIPLRMSTR on the form.

Then to conform with the naming standards I changed the names of the items in the BLKSIPLRDTLS block but now when I run the form and try to get the display on both the blocks it gives an error

Quote:
Cannot find relation : invalid ID

In what way can I change the names and not disturb the relationship?

- Das
Re: Relationships [message #323084 is a reply to message #323069] Tue, 27 May 2008 04:40 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Then to conform with the naming standards I changed the names of the items ...
That's wrong. You should have thought about naming standards during database design time, not now. As you've seen, modifying item names confuses Forms Builder. Item names Wizard has used to create relationship between two blocks have changed and, consequentially, PL/SQL code used to implement master-detail relationship has failed.

What to do? Oracle suggests NOT to manually modify PL/SQL code it has create automatically. Therefore, you'd rather create a new form, use Wizard and stop thinking about naming standards (if you didn't think about them when you should have).
Previous Topic: WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-CLICK in a non database block
Next Topic: elements of Pop-up List don't have the same background color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:19:44 CDT 2024