Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SET_CLIENT_INFO (Forms 6i Oracle 10g)
SET_CLIENT_INFO [message #322703] Mon, 26 May 2008 00:15 Go to next message
didiera
Hi all,

I need a confirmation from you. I have an AFTER LOGON database trigger which is supposed to read data from client info field from v$session view. In fact users log on to the database via Oracle Forms. The forms themselves set the client info data at startup via the PRE-FORM trigger... in the database trigger, I catch no_data_found exceptions for logging and the way my programs behave is just like the client info field is not populated at the time the AFTER LOGON trigger is fired...I require that you guys confirm this and propose an alternative. I quite sure of this since my logout trigger's just working fine. If someone could depict the timeline of these triggers and any implications, it would be great.

regards,
Didier
Re: SET_CLIENT_INFO [message #322950 is a reply to message #322703] Mon, 26 May 2008 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didiera
Anybody out there?

I have been on another forum meanwhile and got some sort of a confirmation on what I suspected in the first place. The thing now is that I need to find a way around this problem.
Is there a way of setting some variable or passing back some value to the AFTER LOGON trigger to enable authentication? Presently at the time the logon trigger is fired, the PRE-FORM trigger has not yet written the required value in client_info (note that in Forms I use dbms_application_info package should that be of any implication in this matter). For instance I was thinking of some triggers that would work on session events maybe (if applicable).
Kindly come back to me in the briefest delays because i'm s.t.u.c.k on this!

regards,
Didier
Re: SET_CLIENT_INFO [message #323136 is a reply to message #322950] Tue, 27 May 2008 07:32 Go to previous message
didiera
Guys you can leave it.

I've been on another forum meanwhile and came to the conclusion that in fact there is a timimg problem in the setup AFTER LOGON - PRE-FORM triggers. So, I have managed to find a work-around.
Still, if you happen to come up with some clever alternative (one that is not at the Form Layer) you are welcome to share it with me.

regards,
Didier
Previous Topic: elements of Pop-up List don't have the same background color
Next Topic: Problem with Object Library..DJ Please help in fixing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:16:57 CDT 2024