Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tab canvas vanishes when clicking on an item on content canvas (Forms 6i)
Tab canvas vanishes when clicking on an item on content canvas [message #322462] Fri, 23 May 2008 11:18 Go to next message
rahul15june
Hi,

I have a content canvas(forms6i) which has a database multirecord block along with another non database block and a few control items. This covers half of the form. The bottom half has a Tabbed canvas which have some other database and non database items.

Now, my problem is that I have some checkbox on the content canvas which again opens some Stacked canvas. Now till here all is fine. However, when I just select an item on the content canvas which is a database block. and hit tab to move the next item in the same block, suddenly the bottom section tabbed form vanishes!! I guess, this has something to do with the blocks being placed or the canvases being properly arranged. But after trying some changes, the issue still persists. This happens only sometimes and not everytime.

Thanks
Rahul
Re: Tab canvas vanishes when clicking on an item on content canvas [message #322969 is a reply to message #322462] Mon, 26 May 2008 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Your canvases overlap and the 'tab' key is taking the focus to an item on the 'back' canvas. This causes it to come to the front and cover the other canvas. Make the content canvas which now has focus, small enough not to hide the other canvas.

I suggest drastically changing the size of the canvas so that you can see them all and then pixel-by-pixel enlarge the canvases until they fail. Then go back one pixel so that you are working with the biggest one that workes.

The easiest way is to achieve this is to make your changes, test the form WITHOUT saving and if it works then save it. This means that the first time it does not work you can 'revert' the form back to the last working version.

David
Re: Tab canvas vanishes when clicking on an item on content canvas [message #323049 is a reply to message #322969] Tue, 27 May 2008 03:25 Go to previous message
rahul15june
thanks David! As always, you were correct! Managed to get that working properly.

thanks!
Rahul
Previous Topic: Changing the display
Next Topic: WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-CLICK in a non database block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:19:26 CDT 2024