Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HOW TO SAVE UPDATE .DOC FILE ON LINUX SERVER USING ORACLE D2K FORM (server: LINUX EL3 REDHAT 9 with oracle DB 9, developer suite 6, end user os xp)
HOW TO SAVE UPDATE .DOC FILE ON LINUX SERVER USING ORACLE D2K FORM [message #317651] Fri, 02 May 2008 05:09 Go to next message
sonumittal
hi everybody Cool ........
i m new here in this forum........i m facing a problem Embarassed and need your help......
i m developing a project.... i need the form end user to save, open, modify .doc files(containing text, images, charts) on my linux server using oracle d2k forms.....
please tell me how to let the end user to open, save modify the .doc files using forms.....tell me which functions to use...
Tell me function for opening a blank .doc file, opening a already saved .doc file, modifying a saved .doc file, setting the permissions of a saved .doc file on the server, copy files from the system to server via forms .........
please help me soon.........

please give the syntax of each function.....

thanks in advance........

david your help also needed..........

[Updated on: Fri, 02 May 2008 05:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HOW TO SAVE UPDATE .DOC FILE ON LINUX SERVER USING ORACLE D2K FORM [message #317746 is a reply to message #317651] Sat, 03 May 2008 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonumittal
is there nobody to help me.........

david dont you know how to do this.........
Re: HOW TO SAVE UPDATE .DOC FILE ON LINUX SERVER USING ORACLE D2K FORM [message #318165 is a reply to message #317651] Mon, 05 May 2008 23:55 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'word' and you will find many useful threads.

If the Linux server files are not accessible via a drive letter under MS Windows then you will have to create the file in the temporary storage area of the PC (search this forum for 'temp tmp') which you can find using the registry reading facility of 'd2kwutil'. If the file already exists you will need to copy it from the Linux server to the PC.

David
Previous Topic: Get the name of the application server
Next Topic: Connectivity Of D2K with MS Access
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:18:19 CDT 2024