Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORDER BY - block property (Dev Suite 10g)
ORDER BY - block property [message #314676] Thu, 17 April 2008 08:09 Go to next message
**credo**
good day.

here's my problem.
i have a form module which displays columns from
table A and table B. since most of the displayed columns are
from table A, i created a base table block having table A as
the data source. for the required columns from table B, i do a post query. however i need to sort the displayed records using
a column from table B. is there a way i can do this?

pls help. thanks.
Re: ORDER BY - block property [message #314687 is a reply to message #314676] Thu, 17 April 2008 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaeluan
Instead of using post query to display value from Table B, why not using a view that will already contain your data from table A and Table B and base you block on this view instead. this way it will be easy to set the order clause.
Re: ORDER BY - block property [message #314713 is a reply to message #314687] Thu, 17 April 2008 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solisdeveloper
Well I'm not quiet sure of your situation but I think you can't sort records from table B based on a field from table A unless they are both included in the same SELECT statement.

Anyway, you can use the following code to programatically set the where condition:

set a DEFAULT_WHERE property, and execute the query like this:
DECLARE
  vWhere VARCHAR2 (2000);
BEGIN
  vWhere := 'employeeid  = ' || :blk_emps.it_empid;
  SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('BLK_emps, DEFAULT_WHERE,vWhere);
  go_block ('blk_emps');  
  Clear_Block;
  Execute_Query;
END;

Then you can use SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY and modify the ORDER BY clause like this
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('BLK_emps, ORDER_BY, 'emphiredate DESC');

Hope that any of these helps.
Regards!

Solis.
Re: ORDER BY - block property [message #314818 is a reply to message #314676] Thu, 17 April 2008 20:59 Go to previous message
**credo**
thanks a lot. using a view gave me an idea. since i don't have the priv to create an object in the DB, i tried using a join as my data source. but i'm encountering FRM-40501. i'll just post a new thread for this. again, thanks.
Previous Topic: how time will run in reverse mode
Next Topic: Oracle Alert logs ? ? ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:20:17 CDT 2024