Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » list items (oracle 9i dev suite, 9.0.2.0.1, windows xp)
list items [message #313065] Thu, 10 April 2008 09:41 Go to next message
ivsravindra1

hi all,

can any one help me to find the solution?

In my Forms application. We have to create table with columns and its datatypes.For the table we have enter the columns in text items and one list item.(list item will populate with datatypes .. varchar2,date,time, etc.)

Now my question i want to technique to develop the code how to send these text items values and list items values to the data base .

ravindra.
Re: list items [message #313067 is a reply to message #313065] Thu, 10 April 2008 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Reporting your own messages has no efect except to irritate the moderators, and to generate messages like this one.
Re: list items [message #313099 is a reply to message #313065] Thu, 10 April 2008 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solisdeveloper
ravindra:

The easiest way to it is by building your DataBlock based on a table from your database. You can choose wich fields you want to work with and how do you want them to work and look like (TextItem, List-Item, etc).
Forms itself will provide you with the functionality that you require to Insert, Update, Query and Delete records to and from your database without even having to code it, forms will take care of the actual job of sending the values of your fields to the database.

All you'll have to worry about is the behavior of each item and the Form itself, writing your validations etc, etc.

Hope this helps!
Re: list items [message #313161 is a reply to message #313099] Thu, 10 April 2008 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivsravindra1

hi sir,
in my application.
step1: we have enter the table name in the form.
step2: After table name is entered,very next step is we have add the no of columns to the table which was created in step1 through the using Forms developer.
step 3: to the added columns ,we have assign the data types ie is enter the data types for each column in the form itself by using text item.

step 4: after building up the table with our own columns and its data types .

Can u give me solution what should be the front end design of the forms by using text item, list items or i should use procedures . Iam not able to find out . Please save me.

ravindra.

Re: list items [message #313190 is a reply to message #313161] Fri, 11 April 2008 00:43 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I believe you are trying to create a form through which you can create an Oracle table.

To do that you need to get the information associated with the table definition (column name, type, precision, etc). Then execute the statement. For the latter look at 'forms_ddl', it has examples.

David
Previous Topic: Time taken during Next Navigation field
Next Topic: How to auto populate a 2nd form from another form by using Global variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:21:04 CDT 2024