Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Need suggestions on converting forms 6i to open source JSF (Forms 6i, JSF, JBoss)
Need suggestions on converting forms 6i to open source JSF [message #312252] Tue, 08 April 2008 05:13 Go to next message
collier_cheng
Dear all,

I am with a start up company that just got a big outsourced project. This project involves converting many Forms 6i programs to open source JSF applications running on JBoss. We know that the best solution for translating Forms to J2EE would be using ADF, but in this project it is out of the question. Our customer insists on using open source solutions.

We did a few researches and realized the only way to satisfy our customer would be using open source JSF like MyFaces and manually rewriting all the Forms programs from scratch. I know some companies provide translation services, however, we are not likely to pursue the route because of a very tight budget problem.

My question is, could anyone give me some suggestions about how to achieve this goal? Any suggestions would be greately appreciated!!

best regards,
Collier Cheng
Re: Need suggestions on converting forms 6i to open source JSF [message #312428 is a reply to message #312252] Tue, 08 April 2008 19:47 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I read "Our customer insists on using open source solutions." and "because of a very tight budget problem."

My suggestion - read the book 'Death March' by Edward Yourdon, then go work for another company. This one is history.

David
Previous Topic: search_replace.properties Not working
Next Topic: can any one help me to read data from serial port and who is a capable to solve my problem its urgen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:19:24 CDT 2024